The Will to move on

Start from the beginning

" Good morning. Papa"

" Good morning my precious daughter."

Kissing her forehead. He places his hands on her shoulders to ask.

" How are you this lovely morning? Did you sleep well last night?"

She smiles to nod. Lying to him just like all other days. She didn't wanted him to worry about her. He has suffered so much already.

The butler pulls back a seat for her. Thanking him, she settles down. Looking at the different cuisines in front of her.

" Papa there is so much food again. It will get wasted. Why don't you listen to me?"

And Albert looks at the food to rub his neck in awkwardness. Covering it with a small sorry smile.

" I am sorry my lovely daughter. I forgot."

" Can I take it to the children in the orphanage then? They will be so happy to taste all this!"

The girl's says getting very excited suddenly. Clapping her hands. Looking at Albert with those big pleading eyes. And he just sighs.

Nodding.

" You may my daughter. You do whatever you want to."

" Thank you Papa!"

Looking at the head maid. She requests in a sweet voice.

" Mrs Claire! Can you please pack the things first. I don't want it to be considered like a left over."

" First pack half of this and then dad and I will start eating."

" Yes Madam. Right away."

The maids rush forward to pick up the dishes and Ezra looks at Albert. To only find his eyes fixed at her.

" So what's the plan for today? Didn't you had an important meeting today?"

And Albert nods. Raising a brow to speak.

" The meetings can wait. I just cancelled it. To spend time with my precious daughter."

And Ezra rolls her eyes. Lifting her hands in the air to look at him in disbelief.

" It's not like I am going away from you dad! How long are you going to neglect your work? It's important."

" People look upto you."

And Albert sighs. He knows his work is important. But he feels afraid of loosing her. He doesn't want to leave her alone.

His eyes only search for her every second. Making sure she is fine.

" Bu-"

" You are going today dad and that's final. No arguing!"

He lets out a deep breath. Knowing it was no use convincing. She was as stubborn as her mother. Even more.

" Fine my child."

Smiling ,she nods. And the dishes are placed in front of them and they start eating.

" Papa? Can I take the food to the orphanage myself? I miss it plus I am bored sitting here whole day."

Albert doesn't say anything. Eating his food. Lost in thoughts. To have Ezra call him again.

" Papa? Are you listening?"

" Yes I am. You know my child. How I feel about your security. It's not safe."

" I will take your security along! Papa please! Pretty please!"

It was impossible for him to say no to those eyes and he leans back on the seat. Sighing.