"Yeah," George pushed over the threshold and pulled his baby abruptly from Jade's lap. "Next time don't act like you know what I would want."

Sapnap let out a low whistle before Dream's girlfriend piped up, "you don't have to be so upset, George. She was in good hands."

George glared with a rude retort on his tongue before Ashlyn cut in as her savior.

"Dada," she stuffed her tiny bear into his face. "Dream's bear-bear."

He forced the bout of anger from his bones, "Dream gave you a bear?"

Dream stood from the floor and scratched the back of his neck, "we were out yesterday. I thought she'd like it."

George really hated how nice Dream was. It would be easy to move on from him if he'd been a complete asshole, but alas he wasn't. He was sweet, and caring, and someone George would always have regrets about. Forever a dark sun-kiss on his left side brain, Dream would forevermore remain.

"Right," George sighed. "Did you tell him thank you, Ash?"

"Thank you." It wasn't quite pronounced perfectly but everyone cooed anyway.

Jade stood up and brushed her miniskirt off, "I've got to go. My mother wants me over for dinner."

Dream looked away from George and acknowledged his girlfriend, "yeah? Let me walk you out."

"No," she brushed off walking over to George. "I'll be quick. You sit here and play with this sweet thing."

George officially hated her. Jade's acrylic nails pinched Ashlyn's cheeks like an old grandmother. His daughter whined and pulled away from her,  tucking beneath her father's neck. As a last hurrah, Jade ruffed up George's already sleep-spiked hair.

"Bye," she blew a kiss to Sapnap before Dream scurried after her.

"Babe, let me walk you out."

The second they were down the hall Sapnap scoffed, "good riddance, whore."

George snorted, "Sapnap-"

"Don't even start." He didn't bother looking up from his phone. "She's flirted with me ever since they got together and now she's on to you. And it's all because of Ashlyn."

"She's not on to me," George said. He sat down on the edge of Dream's bed and tried not to relive his dreams from earlier. His heart had finally found a normal resting beat. "She hates me."

"Doesn't matter," Sapnap said. "She wants a baby for some twisted reason and it's retaliation because Dream doesn't want to raise a kid with her."

Ashlyn leaned back against George's chest and shook her new little bear around. He smoothed over the cowlick in her hair thinking carefully over the Jade situation.

"Dream just doesn't want kids," George stated. "It doesn't have to do with her specifically."

Sapnap rolled his eyes, "you're wrong, he'd do it for you."

The ache in George's chest returned, "you're very funny, Sapnap."

"It's not a joke dude. I seriously think-"

"Stop!" He hissed, "I don't want to hear it, alright? Dream's with Jade and that doesn't seem to be changing."

Sapnap melted into his sad-sweet expression, the one that only occurred when Karl was around. George figured it came from some kind of affection. It didn't feel like pity or guilt, it was understanding.

"He'll always love you more." Sapnap waved a hand, "ya know romantic shit."

"Sapnap," George snapped right as Dream walked in.