Drew looks pleasantly surprised "And to think you said sharing the ice with her would ruin your life," Drew teases, sitting down at his desk to finish some more work.

"I was a little dramatic back then," I laugh as Drew shoots me a look. "Ok, maybe more than a little. Anyways, thanks Drew for everything, truly it has been a pleasure."

I begin to leave but I hear Drew call my name so I turn around as he stands at his office door. Last May he was standing in almost the exact same spot when I went to him asking if he had any positions for the summer. He was the last PhD student available and I was desperate. I am pretty sure he wasn't looking for anyone at the time but he gave me the position not even knowing what I was capable of. No interview, no resume, no transcript he took a chance on me. "Keep in touch Ryder and good luck."

I open my mouth with so much in my head I want to say to Drew but the words won't come up. Drew just smiles and turns around to go back to his desk, leaving me alone in the middle of the hall. I take one last look around before walking out the doors and heading to my car.

Now that that is done I am going to go pick up Francesca and we are going to join the rest of my team in properly celebrating Saturday's win. They started today's party at 2pm and from what I have seen the house has been packed since the beginning. The party has even spilled into the backyard on this unseasonably warm April day.

Francesca's apartment is quiet when I walk in. Maya and Parker I know went over to the house earlier and Luna I guess isn't home. "Hey Beck," I call out so I wouldn't scare her; I am not sure she ever fully recovered from our Hereditary watch party.

"Question?" she calls back.

"Answer," I reply as I walk into her bedroom. She is standing in front of her open closet in nothing but a black bra and thong. "I would like to thank Jesus for this glorious day," I mumble as I walk over and kiss her.

"Glad you finally found religion Ry Ry but I need your help," she chides as I stand behind her wrapping my arms around her stomach.

"Sorry babe, how can I help?" I ask as I kiss the side of her head softly causing her to giggle.

"What should I wear, like is hockey stuff appropriate or should I like break out a dress? Are you wearing that?" She gestures to my khakis and blue plaid button down shirt.

"No, I just needed it for my meeting, I am changing as soon as we get to the house. I would think hockey stuff is fine. I mean it is to celebrate our Frozen Four win."

Francesca nods going back to surveying her closet. When we first met she did not have a single piece of Michigan Hockey apparel, now her closet is overflowing with stuff. Granted all if it is stuff I have given her or she has stolen from me but it still makes my heart skip a beat.

While she figures out what to wear I sneak off to the kitchen knowing that Maya baked today. She sent pictures of it in our new group chat, the group chat specifically for Francesca and her roommates and their significant others. Stan was added yesterday but neither will confirm or deny what that means. I cut a large brownie and eat it over the sink trying to hide all evidence that I ate such a big chunk.

"You're such a pig," Francesca scolds, brushing some crumbs off my face.

"You're so hot," I beam with a big smile as I take in her outfit. She is wearing her white air force 1s and short jean shorts with a cropped Michigan Hockey shirt. The shirt wasn't originally cropped but in a fit of anger Luna took a pair of scissors to it. It is shorter than most crop tops and whenever Francesca raises her arms I can see the bottom of her sports bra that she changed into.

I grab another piece of brownie before I get dragged out by my tiny monster of a girlfriend. I am a whole foot taller than her and yet somehow she wears the pants, very clearly, in our relationship. My team finds it hilarious that I let someone so much smaller than me boss me around but they've never truly been on the receiving end of her wrath. My right nipple is still sore from the time at practice I thought it would be funny to pull her hair a little and she turned around, pushed me to the ground and twisted the poor thing till she nearly ripped it off.