Chapter 35,'Selfish baster.'

20th November 1919, Small Heath Birmingham

Libby had currently found herself in a bit of a sticky situation and she wasn't quite sure how she had gotten there. She had walked into 13 Watery Lane like she did every day and when he had there was a weird man sitting around it with John and Finn leaning against the wall, Polly making him a sandwich with James next to her and Arthur smiling at him like he had just invented the light bulb.

"I don't know who that is but if Arthur stares at him anymore I'm certain his eyes will pop out of their sockets." Libby sniggered quietly at John as she walked over to him and Finn. John wrapped his free arm around Libby and pulled her towards him as if she was in danger in her own house.

"Here you go," said Arthur, placing a sandwich down in front of the strange man. Libby had a conniving suspicion that she knew the man from somewhere but she wasn't quite sure.

"Thank you son," He replied before continuing, "bless thy father for these."

"Jesus christ," Polly interrupted, rolling her eyes.

"Please woman, not in vain," The strange man snapped. '

"Finish your sandwich and sling your hook." Polly snapped, clearly fed up with the man in front of her. Maybe it was her ex-husband or the original Arthur Shelby, Libby thought, but he wouldn't just show up again would he?

"I'm the guest of the head of this family, so why don't you go and tend to your scuttle," He remarked, looking over at James.

"Eh, the head of the family ain't here." John said, thinking out loud.

Arthur stuttered under the strong gaze of his father, "Tommy he sometimes helps me out with the business, dad."

Disappointed in his eldest son, Arthur Senior huffed, "Anyways who does that gorgeous lass belong too. What's ya name love?" Arthur said , staring at John's arm across Libby's shoulder.

"Elizabeth Shelby," Libby answered, wanting the ground to swallow her up.

"Who's she belong to then? Who's the lucky one of my boys with her as their girl?" Arthur Senior asked not waiting for a reply, "Bit young for you tho, isn't she John," he said' laughing at himself.

Everyone looked horrified but no one corrected him until Libby spoke up, "Nar, you fucken pleb. He's my uncle, you divv." Polly covered her mouth with her hand to avoid laughing at her and John buried his head in Libby's back; she could feel him shaking with laughter behind her.

"Thomas is my dad man, you radge." Libby finished.

"I don't remember Thomas having kids," Arthur Senior blurted out.

"Neither does he," John sniggered, causing Polly to glear and Libby to smirk. "They are Tom and Maddied's kids." John decides to clarify.

"She left though, didn't she? Bet she was up the duff when she was. Where's the lass now?" Arthur Senior asked.

"Dead," Libby said casually with an emotionless tone.

Barging in the kitchen, Tommy, who had heard the last half of the family's conversation, was furious. Libby thought she saw smoke coming out of his ears.

"How are you son? Arthur Senior asked as if he had just seen him this morning at breakfast.

"Get out," Tommy said, shaking his head in disgust at the man he once called dad.

"Come on son, I'm a changed man." Arthur Senior said half-heartedly.

Tommy began to lose what little patiences he had left, "This family needed you ten years ago and you walked out on it. Now get out of this house."

"Tommy I think ...." Arthur began trying to calm the situation down.

"Arthur, shut up, I've got my own kids now to think about and I refuse to let that selfish bastard hurt them and Finn the way he hurt us." Tommy interrupted, not wanting to listen to some made up bullshit that excused their fathers lack of presents.

"It's alright son, Arthur Shelby never stays where he's not wanted," Arthur began to gather his coat before he stopped to look at Tommy, "Quite something you've become. Goodbye son, " Arthur said, ruffling Finn's hair, "And I hope to see both of my grandkids soon." He finished, looking at Libby and James.

After everyone heard the front door slam shut, they remained silent. Tommy and Arthur were staring at each other before Arthur spoke, "He's our dad. Your kids grandad. I mean they've not got another one, Have they Tommy?"

"He's a selfish bastard," Tommy repeated himself.

"You're calling someone a selfish bastard. Bit ritch that Tom," Arthur said, sick of Tommy's shit, "I mean thanks to you we are already down a sister and you're lucky your kids haven't followed."

"You want to go with Arthur, you go with him," Tommy shouted as Arthur looked at the door and stood up to follow their father, " But don't ever disrespect me in front of my children again."

After Arthur had left everyone in the kitchen began to dispures, going back to work or to see their friends. The only two left in the kitchen were Tommy and John.

"You desipes our father for what he did to us but you're not much better, Tommy." John said slowly, he wasn't trying to upset his brother by saying this. He just wants his niece to have a relationship with her father. "Right, so get off your fucken high horse and talk to her before it's too late and they hate you the same way you hate our father."

"You're a good dad, John. Better than me." Tommy admitted.

"It's not about that. Tommy. It's about making sure my niece has a relationship with her dad. You saw how that cunt affected Ada. She cried herself to sleep for months because of him and I refuse to let you do the same to your daughter." John said, "I've held her while she cried about you and it's not fair, you're meant to protect her not make her cry, Tom. So please fix things with her before it's too late."

A;N/ 

Sorry it has taken Media so long to write this but I've had no motivation but I'm going to try and post a new chapter every week.

Who has seen the first episode of season 6, its amazing but where was Finn???

                 Jane