Chapter Nineteen.

Start from the beginning

He looks at my feet and I can see the concern on his face.

At this point, tears have already made their way to my cheeks and a soft sob escapes my lips.

He looks at me and his face instantly softens. He helps me walk to the bed and makes me lie down, then he sits on the foot of the bed and takes my feet onto his lap.

"Is there blood or anything?" I ask him, my voice weak from the pain. He shakes his head.

"They look swollen." He says, I bite my lower lip. Will I be able to go to work tomorrow?

He starts rubbing my feet gently between his hands, trying to ease the pain and at that moment I believe that he's trying.

Trying for us.

"It's okay, you don't have to do this." I try to stop him but he ignores me. 

He keeps rubbing them until I feel the pain subsiding. I sigh in relief and sit up on the bed. He looks at me and leaves my feet, I remove them from his lap and get up from the bed.

"Thank you so much," I say and try to go towards the closet so that I can change and hide from him for a while because I'm feeling shy. Just as I turn around to leave, I feel his hand on my wrist gently pulling me towards him. I bite my lower lip and my cheeks start heating up.

"Only a verbal thank you?" I hear him ask and my eyes widen a little, I turn to face him again. He's looking at me with the same expressionless face but his eyes...

His eyes hold every expression that I wanted them to hold while talking to me.

Okay, not every but I can see affection and eagerness there.

"Then what should I do?" I ask him, my feet are still hurting a little and I just want to sit down again.

He stands up and takes a step towards me leaving my wrist, I instinctively take a step back he keeps on stepping towards me until my butt hits the dressing table. Seeing that he heaves me up and places me on top of the dressing table, upsetting the perfume bottles and my makeup which was on it before he decided to place me on it like a trophy.

He looks into my eyes and I gulp. It seems like he's undressing me with his eyes, his hand travels to my exposed leg and he trails his fingers on my upper thigh, sending shivers down my spine. He leans towards me until I can feel his breath over my ear.

"You look so damn beautiful today." He whispers and I close my eyes, his hand makes its way further on my leg until I feel his fingers playing with my lace underwear. How I wish he'd just take it off right now. I wrap my arms around his neck, enjoying his touch on my skin.

He removes his hand from my leg and cups my cheek, making me look at him.

My eyes travel to his lips, they attract me towards them like Earth attracts the objects to its center. Without wasting another second I smash my lips on his, wrapping my legs around his waist. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me towards him until there's no space left between our bodies. Our lips move in sync, he kisses me like he can't get enough of my lips, and the feeling is mutual. I missed his touch, even though it's only been a week since he first kissed me, but I was starving for his taste. I run my hands through his hair messing them up completely, as he bites my lower lip, indicating that he wants entrance which I gladly allow him.

My body is craving for his touch, I want him to touch me and not leave any part of my body. I want him. 

I pull away from him and he groans in frustration. Our eyes meet and I see the hunger in them, the hunger which I'm sure my eyes hold too.

I'm wishing with all my might that he'd tell me that he wants me. I want him to tell me that.

But the next moment, his lips are back on mine kissing me like there's no tomorrow. As much as I want him to take this to the next level, I'm loving the way he's kissing me. He leaves my waist and grabs my face instead, tilting my head a little to get better access to my mouth, just as the kiss starts getting passionate, we are interrupted by a low ringing. 

He pulls away from me and I can see he's annoyed by the disturbance.

"Wait a minute." He says to me as he pulls out his phone from his pocket. I look away from him, not being able to look at him while he talks on the phone with god knows who.

"Can't you handle it on your own?" He asks the person on the other side, the reply from the other end clearly doesn't satisfy him because he rolls his eyes then looks at me, I'm playing with my ring trying to avoid his eyes. The last couple of times we kissed, the first time we got into an argument and the next he went back to our room leaving me to handle my heart all alone and that was okay.

But right now he's standing in front of me and I have nowhere to hide.

"Okay, I'm coming and I swear Isaac if it's something stupid, consider yourself fired." He ends the call and takes a step towards me.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." He tells me, I finally look at him.

"Where are you going at this hour?" I ask him, he looks down for a moment then looks at me.

"I have to go to the office to check on some things." I get down from the dressing table at this.

"Then I should go with you, right?" I ask him, he shakes his head.

"That's not necessary, I'll be back in a couple of hours. Don't stay awake and go to sleep." He says.

"Did something happen in the office?" I ask him, I have this unsettling feeling in my chest, it seems like he's hiding something from me. 

Or maybe I'm just overthinking.

"I just have some work, I'll talk to you in the morning." He presses a kiss on my forehead before leaving.

Without saying goodbye. Without letting me investigate further.

I change into my pajamas and get into bed. I know I won't be sleeping until he comes back.

I wonder if we'll continue our make-out session tomorrow or maybe we won't.

I curl up into a ball and rest my head on my shoulder. I can still feel the pain in my feet but I decide to ignore it.

I don't know how I'll work beside Ethan. I'm scared.

Scared that Aiden would doubt me in all this if he gets to know about Ethan and me.

I hope he never finds out.