taking it as you were being dramatic you took a step forward only to be stopped by a voice. she was stern with her words and the attitude that leaked from her mouth made you halt in place.

"did you do it?"

turning on your heel you faced the female. her hair sat on her shoulders and her outfit was plain. raising a brow you questioned her "did i do what?" with a sigh, she looked away from you. her mind was on the fence and she couldn't help but question everything you had done. her voice wavered showing she wasn't completely sure with what she was saying "what you did to him."

giving hitch an odd look you shifted your weight onto your left leg "what are you talking about?"

her brows furrowed as her grip tightened around the device that sat in her hand "you don't know?"

"why would i be asking if i did?" you replied with a dumbfounded look.

slightly nodding her head she realized it was a stupid question. looking around the foyer she grabbed onto your arm giving it a small tug "follow me." you had no choice as she dragged you down the hall avoiding everyone in the hall. taking sharp turns she looked at the ground following the lines in all the tiles. arriving at a classroom door she pushed down on the handle.

entering the room she quickly turned around to face you "so you don't know?" slithering your arm out of her hold you shook your head. with parted lips, she nervously swallowed unsure if she wanted to show you. how would you react?

quickly lifting her phone she unlocked it shoving it in your direction. with a heavy breath, she spoke "can you please explain."

tilting your head back you squinted your eyes at how close the device was. taking it from her hands you opened the message. hovering your thumb over the black screen you pressed play. the video lagged for a second as it buffered before skipping to a short clip. you sat in an empty office with two windows behind you. the gray curtains were drawn and your fingers typing against the keyboard filled the room up.

a pink usb drive was placed into the computer and you sat contently in the black office chair. your eyes trained on the screen. the video ended and you clicked out of it to read over the message along with another picture. and you froze.

for the first time, you were left speechless. you couldn't utter a word as you kept reading over the same sentence. could this be classified as your fault? sure you left the usb drive but why would you take it if it was never yours? but why didn't you take it? if you had seen what was on it why didn't you take it so cora couldn't use it?

you should have taken hesitation up on the offer.

you should have done a lot of things and now you are starting to come to terms with that. there were different ways that you could have handled that situation and of course, you picked the wrong one.

too caught up in revenge you didn't think about what could happen. because now everything you had done was ruined. your secret was revealed.

your mind went blank reading over the last sentence.

eren.

furrowing your brows you dropped your arm to the side. there was no coming back from this one. all the odds were against you, but you didn't understand why you cared so much. your whole plan was to fuck up this school and then leave. you wanted everyone to know it was you as you walked out that door to go back to marley. so why do you feel such defeat?

the friendships you had made, made an impact on you. as much as you don't want to admit it, you liked them. sasha and connie were always by your side to whisper jokes in your ear. no matter what they followed you around like lost puppies. they loved to annoy you and they loved it more when you joined in on their rude remarks. sasha begged you every day to share your lunch. and each day you would count in your head how long it took for you to give in and slide your bag over to her.