Chapter 1 (Where the love story begins)

In a world full of lovers, do you think you'll find the right person for you? We all wonder where and how we'll meet them and the same goes for Lucas and Therese. They both wonder where and how will they be able to meet the right person for them, the person who'll love, cherish, and make their own little worlds stop.

_______________________

Phone rings, "Good day this is Evalyn Williams, how may I help you?" 

"Evalyn! Thank you for answering, I have a meeting in 15 minutes and I also need to pass some files to Manager Rogers. Could you lend this to her?" Ophelia hurriedly said.

"I'm sorry Ophelia but I just arrived home, I wasn't feeling very well so I decided to take a half-day," Evalyn said. "But Mr. Clarke is currently free this hour, he might be able to pass it to the manager." She added.

"Got it. Thank you Evalyn, get some good rest!" Ophelia said as she hung up the call. 

CEO's OFFICE 

Door banging "Br-brother!" Ophelia shouted as she pants, "Please give this to Manager Rogers, you've already seen her face on the monitor last time so you'll be able to recognize her." said Ophelia.

"Where are your co-workers? Why should I be the one giving it?" Lucas said.

"They are all out for lunch...The cafeteria is quite far from this building, I'm about to be late for my meeting too. Ms. Rogers is probably at the cafeteria, I must go now! Thank you, brother!" Ophelia stated as she hurriedly leaves the office.

Sighs, "I know she's my sister but she should not enter here with no consent from me or enter like a wild cat..." said Lucas. "And I'm the CEO, right? Why do I feel like their secretaries." He added.

Lucas walks towards the cafeteria to find Ms. Rogers. Andre quickly noticed him, she approached him and said "Good day, CEO Clarke! Are you somehow going to eat your lunch here? If so I could find someone to assist you." 

"It's alright, I'm just passing by. And..you're at the same department with Ms. Rogers, right?" Lucas said.

"Yes! We are! Do you need anything with her?" 

"Ms. Ophelia (Clarke) asked me to pass these files to her, she was in an important meeting so she wasn't able to give this to her personally." 

"I could definitely pass this to Ms. Rogers, Sir! You could just leave it to me" 

"It's alright, please continue your lunch I could just give this to her personally. But, do you know where she is right now?" Lucas asked.

"Ah, she's definitely outside at the bench beside the cherry blossoms. Probably feeding the stray animals." Andre quickly replied. 

"Alright, Thank you for your help. Enjoy your lunch." Lucas said as he was about to leave.

"No problem at all, Sir!" replied Andre.

...

Lucas went outside the building, as soon as he stepped a foot outside he felt the fresh breeze of spring passing over his body and giving his suit a sweet scent of cherry blossoms.

Lucas continued walking as he reached the place where there are numerous blooming trees of cherry blossoms and benches with petals all over them, a place where people rest that's been surrounded by cherry blossoms. Later on, he noticed a woman feeding a stray cat and dog while squatting beside the bench found under the biggest tree of cherry blossom.

Lucas also remembered what Andre said that Therese Rogers is definitely feeding the stray animals.

"You must eat well, okay? It'll help you to be full of energy during this season!" Therese softly said.

Lucas tried to slowly approach her to keep her away from being shocked.

He cleared his throat and said, "Excuse me, are you, Ms. Rogers?"

Therese sat up and turn to him, and their eyes first met.

Suddenly...Both of their worlds stopped. Therese had her eyes wide open and is the same as Lucas.

Therese saw a tall man, with blazing eyes, soft lips, in short, a good-looking man. She never experienced meeting a man as handsome as Lucas who almost had her breath be taken away with the wind. 

Meanwhile, Lucas never knew Therese would look like an angel in person for he only has seen her on a monitor some time ago. Then these words went directly inside his mind...

"I-i never knew she would be this beautiful in person. Her lips are pink as a rose, her eyes are alluring that it keeps me from staring at her deeply, she has long silky soft hair, and her skin is fair, it surely was pampered with good care..."

They both stared at each other for quite some time under the blossoming trees without minding the things around them. As the wind blows hard, more petals fall from the tree and blew their hair smoothly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you think this is true love? Would their first encounter change their beliefs about the saying "Your world stops when you fell in love"? As the trees continue to blossom will the feelings they've felt for each other blossom too? I hope all of these questions that run into our minds would be answered by the following chapters. 

- Kaye