Chapter 15

The beast went back to completely ignoring her once again.

They still had breakfast and dinner together, which were shorter than before and also mostly silent. During those times, he checked his phone messages or read through work files. There were no more morning walks, and he went on his evening rides by himself.

Jennie felt hurt and also angry. She was angrier at herself than at him.

Why are you hurt? You deserve his indifference. You grabbed him and kissed him, and he responded as any man would. But now he isn't interested.

She tried hard not to think about him. 

She tossed and turned, cursing him and craving him and then cursing herself all over again.

Remember your purpose, Jennie. You cannot allow that man to distract you from achieving your goals.

"He's just an arrogant, entitled royal who thinks you are beneath him."

Even as she said those words aloud, the hurt and anger, along with longing, wouldn't leave her.

After more tossing and turning, she was just about to fall asleep when she heard a knock on the door.

Frowning, and wondering who it was, since it was almost midnight, she opened the door. It was Jang mi.

"What happened, Jang mi? Is everything okay?"

"It's Yu jung, my husband. He has collapsed. Taehyung sir asked me to call you."

Not bothering to change out of her nightclothes, Jennie hurriedly followed Jang mi downstairs.

Yu jung was lying on a daybed, looking pale and weak. Jennie went to Yu jung  and knelt next to him.
 Smiling at the older man in reassurance, she held his frail wrist to check his pulse. It was erratic.

"Does he take any heart medications?" Jennie asked Jang mi.
"Yes, he does."
"Did he take them today?"

He shook his head weakly, indicating he hadn't.

Jennie looked at Jang mi. "Please bring them here. He needs to take them right away."

Jang mi hurried out of the room.

Jennie was left alone with Yu jung. And the beast.

Although, at the moment, it didn't feel right calling him a beast. She had just witnessed him being gentle and concerned towards Yu jung.

"The ambulance should be here anytime," he said softly, watching her with a carefully blank look while she outright stared at him.

She nodded, feeling embarrassed and confused at being caught staring.
By the time the ambulance arrived, Yu jung was stable after having taken his medications. 

As soon as the ambulance left, the staff went back to their quarters, and Jennie headed back to her suite. Just as she was about to climb the stairs, she saw him waiting on the top.

"Thank you," said the man who gave her sleepless nights.

"I didn't do much. I just asked him to take his forgotten medications."

He didn't reply. He just watched her as though he was searching for something. And when she returned his stare, he gave her a short nod before turning away and continuing up the stairs.

Beast.