7: Preparation

Aria POV:

We stood there for some minutes in silence and I was the first person to break the silence.

"It seems you and Nora aren't in good terms, right?" I asked Clara.

"Yes".

"You wanna talk about it?" Maya asked.

"It isn't necessary".

Okay.

"Park up the cleaning equipment and lets head to the hall, Mrs. Maggie request for our presence". Clara said sternly.

A sternly attitude from her is something Maya and I aren't used to but we did as we were told. To think dip about it. If Clara is, Maya and I's guardian then there's a possibility that Nora is a guardian to Tianna and her squad.

We got to the hall to see other Royal Maids who were lined up horizontally with their guardians behind them. Maya and I hurriedly walked up and joined the line as Clara stood behind us.

(Amelia-law: check the position of the Maids up 👆. Is just an example).

"Now, listen to me you all. The king and queen's son, which you all know as the royal prince will be retuning from the nation called grassland for his coronation, he'll be crowned king in a week and that will be on a Sunday". Mrs. Maggie said and continued.

"All royal maids will perform a dance on that day. Unfortunately for us all, today is Wednesday and we only have 3 days for you all to practice the dancing steps". She said staring at us all.

"Guardians, you'll continue the duties of the royal maids as they practice the dancing steps but before that your guardians will show you the dancing steps and return to your duty post, have I made my self clear?"

Mrs Maggie asked and we all chorused.

"Yes ma".

"Now begin". She said and sat down on an arm chair away from the middle of the hall, facing us.

Clara and the rest of the guardians arranged themselves in a dancing form as Clara led them. They all danced uniformly and gracefully, finally the music stopped as they all stopped dancing.

"And that's how I want you royal maids to dance but I'll make a few change, start dancing girls". She ordered.

We royal maids arranged ourselves and began to dance and who led us was Tianna. Mrs. Maggie watched us closely and suddenly her eyes landed on me. Oh no, what am I doing wrong?

"Stop".

She ordered with a smile on her face instead a cunny one.

"The girl with a scarf on her head, came forward". She ordered.

Oh well, I'm been kicked out of the dance.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Aria, Aria Daniel". I addressed.

"You'll dance in the front, you'll lead the rest".

"But...."

"I don't believe in buts". She cuts in.

"Tianna, at the back of the line, Aria at the front now". Mrs. Maggie ordered.

"Ma'am I dance better than her why switch position". Tianna argued.

"Don't question my actions Tianna". Mrs. Maggie warned.

"She's right Mrs. Maggie. She dances way bet...".

"Shush it and stand in front of the line". She ordained.

I kept my mouth shut, stood in front of the line as the music played. I danced to the rhythm of the music as we all danced in accordance. I glanced at Mrs. Maggie to see that she was satisfied with her arrangement.

"Aria keep your head high and smile, put that confidence in you". She encouraged.

And I did as I was told.

Practice was over as we all left to our duty post. Right now I'm tired but you've got to do what you've got to do.

On my way to the kitchen different maids were moving to and fro  setting the preparation for the prince coronation, It's a pity I've got no idea about the prince every women dies for.

I got to the kitchen to see everyone with a gloomy expression.

"What happened? Why this expression?" I asked with full curiosity.

"The king is very annoyed with us". Sarah answered.

"Why?"

"Dinner was horrible, the food had too much condiment in it, so it was a disaster". Sarah replied as her face turned red.

"What then happened?"

"We are going to be thrown into the donjon if we prepare a useless meal on his son's coronation day". Sarah replied as tears gathered in her eyes.

"I don't think he meant it, he was just angry". I tried to encourage.

"What do you mean by that, he meant what he was saying. We are in this shit because of you Aria". Lucy spoke arrogantly.

"Excuse me?" I questioned being irritated.

"If you haven't told us that the way we are preparing the meal wasn't going be pleasant to the king and queen. We wouldn't have over prepared the meal. Your bad mouth put us in this problem". Lucy replied arrogantly.

"Mind the way you point fingers and stop talking rubbish". I said with annoyance. Who the hell is she?

"You're the one who is meant to stop talking rubbish and zip it. We have preparations to do so stay out of it".

Right this moment I felt like punching her face. Who the hell is she?

"It's enough of this your tantrum Lucy. You're are the cause of all our problems". Sarah shouted at her.

"Me?" Lucy asked in disbelief.

"Yes you, Aria was just trying to correct us the first day she set her legs into this kitchen but no, you shut her up. You kept controlling every single person in this kitchen including me. The only person you couldn't order around was Aria and you became mean to her. For heaven sake she's the royal maid here, we are meant to listen to her when we're wrong and correct her when she makes mistake but Instead you made it all about you and it is stupid".

Sarah poured out her anger on Lucy and Lucy was quiet. Sarah faced me with hurtful eyes.

"It's our mistake we didn't listen to you, please show us the right way. What are the right ingredient we should buy for the preparations on the prince coronation day". Sarah asked humbly.

I was too angry to listen to what she saying.

"I don't have any to teach, I'll stay out of the preparation since that's what Lucy wants, so be it".

I said and left the kitchen. I'm the reason why the king will throw us in the donjon? Stupid of her. I've had enough insult in one day.

I damn the circumstances of this preparation.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
I hope it was interesting for you all
Thanks reading 💙💙💙💙

I dedicate this chapter to my wonderful friend
@madsadcherry.
Just stop here and check out her book
Called "Why does it rain in Seoul".