A Meeting

Ruby was standing outside a new coffee shop that had only been opened a couple days prior. Its name; The Huntress. It had been opened by a family who had moved to vale only a couple months before, and had been building it since they moved in. Only a couple people were inside, most of them looking like they were having a business meeting. A sigh left her lips, the hot breath making a small cloud of white appear in front of her. She walled through the glass doors, a bell signalling her entrance. No line was at the counter, only a girl in the uniform stood behind it with a book in her hands. She skipped her way to the counter. The girl who had been reading the book didn't even lift her head. Ruby cleared her throat which caught the girls attention. The employee quickly scrambled to put her book down.

"Oh, sorry I was a little umm...intrigued in the book." She mumbled. Ruby let out a small giggle making the girl blush.

"Don't worry. That was cute, anyway, can I have a hot chocolate please?" Ruby asked in a child like way. The black haired girl nodded her head.

"Okay, you can sit. I will bring it over when its done." She smiled. Ruby nodded her head and turned on her heels, walking to the tables. She sat at a square table, next to a window. The view was pretty much just the colour white. The ground was layered with snow and more was coming. She had just realized how rude she was actually being and removed her woolen hat. This showed off a pair of wolf ears to the whole world. They both twitched a little and flattened as she stretched her arms. Meanwhile the girl in the back was just starting to bring Ruby's drink over when she noticed. She had wolf ears? With slight awkwardness, she brought over her drink.

"Here you go, I hope its to your liking." She said, smiling. Ruby took a sip and smiled.

"Its perfect, thank you."

10 minutes later, Ruby had ordered another drink. The girl, who had been standing at the counter, was in a small daydream about thr girl in red.

She looks so cute...the wolf ears and all.. And her hair...and eyes... Stop! You're being creepy! She decided to be adventurous and try to sit with her.

"Hey...Yang? You mind if you watch the counter while I do something?"

"Are you going to flirt with the redhead?"

"N-No!" She denied, hardly covering her blush. Yang winked and nodded her head.

"Go on, Blake." Blake smiled and grabbed the drinks. She glided over to Ruby.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit with you?" She asked, half expecting her to deny her but to Blake's surprise she said;

"Go on." With a smile. Blake blushed a little and sat down on the comfortable seats. Ruby was reading a book from what she could see named Henceforward.

"What you reading?" Blake asked, at an attempt to start a conversation. Ruby looked over the book.

"Oh...I'm reading a manga..sorry. Thats rude." She said, placing a book mark on the page.

"And thank you for the drink." Blake smiled and watched out the window.

"Can I ask you something?" The redhead perked up after a couple minutes of silence.

"Yes?"

"Why did you want to sit with me?" She asked, a mischievous smirk on her face.

"N-no reason!"

"Liar."

"Hey! I-I'm not! I just wanted to speak to you.." She said, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Why?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

"Because I am curious.."

"Touché.." She answered.

"Well for any reason, Nice to meet you. I'm Ruby." Ruby said holding out her hand. Blake took her hand and shook it.

"I'm Blake. Nice to meet you too.." They both held their hands together, unknowingly, and stared at each others eyes. When Ruby finally noticed what she was doing she looked away.

"Sorry...that was creepy." Blame only giggled at that looked down at the table. Much to Blake's disappointment, their hands were detached from each other. She took a sip of her coffee and watched out the window.

"I hate to ruin our little date but I have to go." Ruby said, standing up. Blake's heart suddenly dropped and she started to deflate. She stood too.

"Okay, umm...will you be coming back?"

"As long as a cute girl like you are still working here." She smiled, passing Blake a small piece of paper. She placed own her bill and a tip before exiting through the doors. The black haired girl looked down to the paper and read what it said to herself. At the top it had her number, underneath saying 'Call me when you can! :3 Ruby.' Blake's heart practically bounced out her chest as she read the words. She stuffed the papaer in her pocket and went back to her station, hoping to see the girl again soon.

A/N Heyo! I decided to write this because Reasons! If you don't get the reference of what she was reading, search it up on the interwebz. This is, I know, a Ladybug story not a white rose since I think I already have quite a few things for that already so...yeah! But if you guys want more of these one-shots about this couple or want me to continue, TELL ME! :3
~HauntingHydrex