Preface

Preface:

I slowly sat down on the plush chair. My posture straight and my legs folded over each other, with my hands folded and resting on my knees.

"Marsha, I need your help." I spoke to my family's most trustworthy maid. She was like a second mother to me.

She glanced at me as she continued to fold the laundry.

"Yes, Princess Zahara?" She gently smiled before going back to the clothes.

I looked down to the floor then back to her. "May you teach me to be," I paused, trying to process what I am actually asking her. "Normal?"

She stopped what she was doing and turned her body fully to me before making her way over to me. She is more of a mother than the queen, whom is my biological mother, is.

When she got to me she placed her hands on my shoulders with a small smile.

"Why do you wish to be normal, my dear?" She asked.

I looked into her warm, chocolate brown eyes.

"My parents ordered me to be in America in a few weeks to find a king. How must I do it without knowing how to... blend in?"

She sat in the chair next to me. "Be yourself, sweetheart. You're an amazing young lady. You'll find a king and you two will rule Hungary, like you were raised to do."

Sighing, my eyes connected with the floor, "I wish you may join me on my trip but father would never allow it."

I felt Marsha's warm hand on the middle of my back then she started moving it back and forth.

"Do you wish for me to ask the king and queen for permission to have your sister, Tilda, to accompany you?" Her voice was soft when she asked.

I shook my head. "I'll ask them myself. I do wish to have my sister with me as long as she knows her boundaries."

Marsha nodded her head. "I do know what you mean, honey. But don't let that stop you. You'll find a great king and you two will rule Hungary like you're meant to."

I looked at her with a smile. "Thank you, Marsha. May God bless you. You are truly an amazing person and an amazing mother."

I stood up, gracefully and walked out of the laundry room. I walked to the royal room, where I knew my mother and father were at. I knocked on the door and the old door opened revealing one of the royal guards, Roman.

I curtly nodded my head to him with a smile. He smiled back before opening the door further so I can go in. I swiftly walked in and proceeded over to mother and father, while they sat on their usual throne.

"Mother, Father." I nodded my head to them.

My mother gasped, falsely, might I add. "Zahara, my eldest daughter, always so poise and graceful. What is the meaning of you coming to see us, dear?"

I cleared my throat. "As you know, I have to find a king in a few weeks." They nodded as my voice became a bit softer. "I would like if Tilda may accompany me on this trip America. She may help me and guide me to find a king quicker than it would if I went by myself."

Father leaned forward in the throne seat, with an intimidating gaze.

"I will grant you your wish but listen to me Zahara and listen to me closely. You have until the fifth of November to bring a rightful king to throne this castle and if not I will appoint Akeela and Roman, king and queen of Hungary." I looked behind me at Roman, whom was smirking, before focusing on my father. "And I won't hesitate, Zahara, you know that. I want you and Tilda to leave by morning. I will have a caravan pick you two up in the morning to ship you to America. I will leave five million dollars in U.S. dollars with you. I have brought you a home for the time you will be there and two cars are parked outside of them. Alarm system works perfectly fine. I wish you to contact me as soon as you make it back to your house." He explained. "You may go now."

I nodded and walked out the door without looking back. That's all great until he said he'd give Akeela and Roman the castle if I don't have a king. That's unfair and not right, at all. Our great grandmother ruled Hungary without a king by her side and she did perfect. She still managed to have kids though.