Thirty

I don't have a reliable internet source at the moment as I just moved into my own place so I will apologize in advance for the spotty updates but here's a longer chapter since I made you guys wait so long

I listened carefully as I approached the house for any kind of sign that anyone was in there and when I heard soft breathing I held my finger up to Steve and Bucky, "hold on." I cracked the door open and peeked in. No one was in the living room area which made me peek my head further into the door to check out the interior. I heard the shower running which made me slightly relieved, "it's just JJ." I stepped inside and called out, "JJ I'm back and I've brought a few people I'd like you to meet." 

A few moments later the shower turned off and then a few moments later JJ was walking down the stairs using a towel to dry his hair and he froze as he saw Steve and Bucky, "this is Steve and Bucky." I looked at them for a moment before looking back at JJ, "they're my boyfriends." he studied them for a moment before nodding, "She's my sister and I care for her more than anything else in this world and I'm aware both of you guys could kick my ass with both your hands tied behind your back so I'm just gonna say hurt my sister I'll break your face no matter how big and bad you are." 

I chuckled, "J you ain't gotta worry about that." he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "you might be older but I've always wanted to say that." I chuckled rolling my eyes, "this is JJ, not my blood but still my family. I grew up with him." Steve stuck out his hand, "pleasure to meet you JJ." JJ shook his hand, "pleasures mine I'm sure." I patted his shoulder, "so I'm in a bit of a situation which means no one can know I'm here so beside you the rest of the group and Heyward no one else can know." 

He nodded, "JJ I'm serious like I said a few days ago I'll explain everything so do me a favor since I'm not in the group chat I need you to tell everyone to get their asses over here so I can explain everything." he nodded, "got it, one emergency meeting coming up." He pulled out his phone and typed something in which made his phone vibrate a few times before he put it away. I looked around, "I need a favor JJ." he looked at me, "depends." I sighed, "I need furniture. chairs, a couch, TV, internet, etc. so I need you to go into town for me since I'm technically incognito." 

He lifted a brow, "I'm supposed to do that how?" I threw him the keys to my car parked in the garage along with my wallet, "the pin is 5803." he stopped and looked at me, "my birthday?" I shrugged, "something I could never forget." he smirked, "nice to know you thought of me." I smiled, "go before the others get here." he nodded and twirled the keys on his finger as he exited the house. I looked at them, "don't go into the basement?" they looked at me confused, "don't ask why just please." I sighed, "please don't go into the basement." 

They nodded slowly, accepting I wasn't giving an explanation. I laid on the floor and stared up at the ceiling, "this is going to be really boring isn't it?" Steve shrugged, "it's not always thrilling as some make it out to be." I sighed and looked at Bucky, "how long until you go to Wakanda?" We didn't talk about it much once T'challa had actually offered us which caught us all off guard, "tomorrow." I looked down, "how long?" He sighed and sat next to me making me lay my head on his lap and his hand instinctively came to play with some strands of my hair. 

"We're not sure yet it could be a week, could be a decade Hydra really did a number on me." I nodded, "I'm gonna miss you a lot Bucky." he leaned down kissing my forehead, "I know Doll but you'll have Steve, just promise me one thing." I looked up at him, "stick together no matter what happens." I bit my lip and nodded, "I want to hear you say it." I gulped, "I promise." he gave me a soft genuine smile, "I love you." I returned the smile the best I could, "I love you too." 

After that we just sat there in silence until there was a knock on the door and I creeped over to the door letting out a breath as I heard Kiara groaning at John B, "what could this emergency meeting be about not much has happened after all and why are we in figure eight?" I chuckled as I swung the door open, "don't worry this is important I promise." her eyes widened as she registered me standing there, "c'mon I can't risk being seen." I stepped to the side peeking out to make sure no one was around then shut the door behind him.