Twenty - One

I joked around a little bit with Bobbi after I took a short knock when the jolting of the aircraft made me realize this wasn’t a permanent situation, that I had to face the reality of what happened. I hugged Bobbi extra tight, murmuring in her ear to promise she would keep in contact which made her wrap her pinky around mine before hugging me again. The rest of the team hugged me farewell and I exited the aircraft standing on the roof for a moment longer watching them take off until I couldn’t see them anymore. 

I let out a sigh and headed inside pressing the elevator button since Jarvis was no longer here to help us. I threw my suit to the side as I walked into the common room to see them all sitting around, “oh don’t worry about me I’m fine.” I saw Wanda and I narrowed my eyes at her and I saw red as I felt my anger turn into pure fury and I threw her back with my powers, “you little bitch.” Tony tried to grab my arm as he noticed me advanincg towards her, “don’t you fucking dare Anthony.” 

Tears filled my eyes, “so who’s idea was it?” nobody responded making scream, “WHO’S FUCKING IDEA WAS IT TO LEAVE ME STRANDED IN SOKVIA?!” they all looked at the floor, “that’s just fucking great you can’t even acknowledge the fact that you left your own teammate stranded.” I scoffed, looking over at Steve and Bucky, “and you.” I couldn’t stop the ache that filled my chest, “you left the woman you both claim that you love.” Steve went to say something but I clenched my jaw and held my hand, “I really can’t stand to hear any of your sorry ass excuses right now so just don’t.” 

I turned on my heel but heard Wanda’s soft accented voice, “I’m sorry.” I turned towards Wanda, “sorry?” I shook my head at her, “sorry isn’t enough sorry doesn’t fix what happened Wanda.” I couldn’t stop the shake in my hands as the ache in my chest worsened. I re-entered the elevator pressing the button to my original floor, finally letting the tears flood down my cheeks and I let my nails dig into my palms. When I got off the elevator I immediately let out my wrath onto everything in sight. 

I threw chairs into the wall and slammed tables onto the cement tiles watching them splinter in pieces. Once I completely destroyed my furniture and it looked like an F5 tornado had come through my floor I sank to the floor letting out chest shaking sobs as I slammed my fists onto the floor, “GOD DAMNIT!” I gritted my teeth as I sucked in a breath making the final decision I needed to leave. I stormed to my bedroom stepping over broken chairs and other debris and stuffed a duffle bag full of clothes. 

I angrily wiped my tears and froze as I saw Wanda standing by the elevator, “I know sorry isn’t enough but I mean it.” she shook her head, “I lost my brother in Sokovia, he gave his life to save a little boy and Clint.” tears filled her eyes, “I’m all alone now and-” she trailed off. I let the duffle bag fall to the ground with a soft ‘thud’ and walked closer. I tilted her head up, “don’t think this means I forgive you but don’t blame yourself for your brother's death it will lead to your own self-destruction trust me.” 

I took a deep breath, “I need you to do me a favor.” I wiped her tears away as she nodded quickly, “yeah, of course anything.” I smiled slightly, chuckling at her eagerness to get on my good side, “watch over them while I’m gone don’t let them kill each other okay?” she chuckled, “yeah okay I think I can do that.” I backed away from her and picked up my bag, “wait where are you going?” I sighed, “I don’t know yet.” I looked back at her, “I just need to figure out where it all went wrong.” 

I grabbed her shoulder as I went to enter the elevator, “I’m sorry about your brother.” she looked down, “thanks.” I pressed the lobby button and grabbed the strap of the duffle bag to stop the shake in my hands. I didn’t look back as I left because I knew if I did then I wouldn’t leave and I would never learn to forgive myself. I randomly wandered down the street wondering where I could go but kept coming up blank. I saw a twenty-four hour coffee shop and headed towards it. I was met with a friendly smile, “hi how can I help you today?” 

I got a soft smile but it wasn’t genuine, “I just need a Venti french vanilla latte please.” she nodded and rang it up, “that’ll be $4.77 please.” I grabbed my wallet from my back pocket and grabbed my card. She handed me my receipt and accepted it, shoving it into my wallet and headed over to the waiting counter for my coffee. She handed it to me with a smile, “have a nice day.” I muttered a quiet, “thanks.” and grabbed my coffee, deciding to sit out at the tables in front of the cute little shop. I sat just contemplating what to do when an idea popped into my head and I opened my contacts and clicked on the blonde boy's contact listening to it ring before the familiar voice filled my ear, “Maybank.”