Five

^^ Drawings are actually mine^^

I hadn't moved an inch since Steve set me on the bed. I've just stared at the wall wondering while life was being such a bitch. I felt the bed shift as someone sat on the end of it, "y'know you need to talk about this Y/n." I chuckled at Sam, "yeah well I think I need to figure this out before I can talk about it." he stood up and walked in front of me before crouching to look me in the eye, "I'm serious Y/n it isn't good to keep everything all bottled up."

I sat up and looked at him seriously, "and I'm being honest the second I figure this out then I will come and find you and we can talk about it for hours until I can get this weight off of my shoulders but until that point I have to keep it bottled up." he looked confused, "why?" I sighed, "I hurt Steve in the lab and I know it's probably healed by now but that's not the point, the point is that I hurt one of the men I love simply because I let my emotions get out of hand."

He grabbed my hand, "listen to me Y/n if you keeped all those emotions especially anger pent up then that'll probably happen again but a lot more severe next time so we don't have to talk about the powers specifically but we need to find an emotional release." I nodded, "I've always loved drawing. I grabbed my sketchbook that I've kept hidden under the bed, "I've never shown anyone this but I always draw what I'm feeling so it's mainly depressing stuff." He held out his hands, "may I?" I hesitated but set the book in his hands, "yeah just don't tell anyone.

I sighed, "at least until I'm ready." he nodded, "I promise I won't tell anyone." he flipped open the first page and continued looking amazed with each piece passing, "Wow, Y/n these are amazing." I nodded taking back the sketchbook and stashing it beneath the mattress again, "how about workouts have you ever thought about that for anger?" I shrugged, "I mean I already know how to fight and stuff since you guys kinda enforce that kind of thing and I spar with Natasha every now and again but I don't do serious workouts like you guys do."

He offered his hand and I took it. He helped me stand and we walked over to the mirror, "stuff like this isn't good for you." I graze my fingers over my knuckles that were still wrapped in gauze from the night that I punched the mirror, "let's go to my workout room." I nodded and we headed out to the common room and Steve was leaning against the counter. I couldn't bear to look him in the eye knowing that I hurt him super soldier or not, "baby look at me." I shook my head but he placed his finger beneath my chin and made me look at him.

"I don't blame you, there was no possible way that you could've known that this was going to happen." I sniffled as tears burned at my eyes again, "but I hurt you whether I meant to or not and I promised myself that I would never allow that to happen." He pulled me into a hug, "either way, I'm not mad and I don't blame you." I nodded. He leaned down and kissed me, "I love you." I smiled, "I love you too." Sam leaned against the elevator doors patiently, "ok Sam lets go."

He nodded and pressed the elevator button allowing it to open and I followed after him, "hey F.R.I.D.A.Y. head to my private gym and add Y/n's fingerprint to the passcode list." after that it was silent except for the low hum of the elevator moving down. It felt like an eternity before the elevator finally came to a stop Sam immediately exited but I was a little weary. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I cautiously called out, "Sam?" he turned to look at me, "something feels off."

He chuckled, "that's just your nerves c'mon." I shook my head as I got a really bad gut feeling, "Sam I'm serious come ba-" I was cut off and he was hit in the back of his head immediately making him crumble to the floor. I couldn't see the person's face, "who are you?" they let out a sinister laugh, "c'mon pumpkin, you couldn't have forgotten me already." he walked towards the elevator with a quick pace, "F.R.I.D.A.Y. proceed with code 8894 and alert Tony that there's an intruder in the building located on Sam's private gym floor."

The elevator door immediately shut on the bright white fluorescent lights turned red as the elevator stopped humming due to the power of it shutting off. My biological father began banging on the doors, "YOU CAN'T STAY IN THERE FOREVER PUMPKIN!" I began to hyperventilate and scrambled trying to find my phone in my pockets before realizing that it was still in my office. I paced in the elevator trying to calm my breathing and figure a way out of this situation my eyes snapped the doors as they began to be pried open with something shiny and my breath caught as I realised it was a knife.

"What do you want from me?" he grunted as the elevator attempted to force the doors close, "want? I don't want anything from you, no." he chuckled, "it's what I need from you." I gulped, "I'm not helping you with anything." he sighed, "y'know if you had just listened to me as a child you would've been raised in HYDRA quarters and you wouldn't be in this situation right now." I scoffed, "yeah I wouldn't be in this situation but I'd been a brainwashed puppet that does your every command but I'd rather jump off a bridge then do anything you say." the elevator speakers squealed and I was never more relieved to hear Tony's voice.

"Hey kid what's going on I need you to talk to me." I knew there was only one way out of this situation and I closed my eyes bracing myself for my next words, "tell Steve and Bucky I love them a-and." I took a deep breath collecting myself, "tell everyone I'm sorry but this was the only way." I pressed the disconnect button, "take me with you." he looked me up and down as though it was a trap but I spoke, "F.R.I.D.A.Y. cancel code 8894." the white lights returned and I stepped off of the elevator.

"I'll only come with you willingly if you promise that nothing happens to them." he nodded, "we have a deal." he grabbed my arm dragging me through the halls until we left through an emergency exit door and he shoved me into the back of a van. If only I had realised what a big mistake I had just made.

1185 words