Fourteen

Sorry for taking so long I've been swamped with work I'll try to post an extra chapter today or early tomorrow

I held the cup of tea that Hope had made me with two hands as Scott rambled about Steve and I cleared my throat, “as much as I love hearing you ramble about my boyfriend could we please contact the avengers now please?” he snapped out of his ramble, “I’m sorry I didn’t even think of that of course.” he got up and grabbed his phone before sitting next to me and dialing a number. He placed the phone on speaker and I placed down my tea holding my breath as I heard Steve answer, “Scott please tell me you found something.” 

He looked at me, “I found something even better Captain.” he handed the phone to me, “hey babe you miss me.” Steve’s breathing went ragged, “Y/n?” he sounded like he was on the verge of tears, “yeah Stevie it’s me I’m so sorry.” the phone shuffled to someone else, “you have nothing to apologize for, doll.” I shook my head, “no Bucky I never should have gone with him and I put you all through hell.” he chuckled, “we saw what happened to the Hydra base on the news, that's pretty impressive.” I couldn’t help but smile. 

“Thanks Buck now please come and get me. I miss you both so freaking much.” he hummed, “we’ll be there before you know it doll I promise I love you.” I closed my eyes to keep the tears from spilling over, “I love you too Bucky and you too Steve.” I didn’t want to hang up the phone, “there’s something you guys should know but it can wait until you’re here.” they hummed, “you sure you don’t want to tell us now?” I gulped, “no I think I should tell you guys in person.” Steve cleared his throat. 

“Alright sweetheart we’ll be there soon we love you.” I sighed, “I love you guys to fly safely.” I didn’t want to end the call so I handed it to Scott and let him end it, “so can you tell me?” I chuckled, “I guess but I mainly didn’t want to tell them over the phone because they might kill Tony.” his brows scrunched, “what happened with Tony.” I sighed, “apparently Nick Fury and Stark were telling Coulson to keep me in an underground bunker so that I couldn’t leave and reunite with them because I was keeping Steve and Bucky from completing their missions effectively.” 

He looked at me in disbelief, “you’re kidding.” I shook my head, “I wish I was, I had just managed to escape their containment when theat Hydra agent spotted me and chased me before you came to my rescue.” He looked like he was in shock, “yeah they’re going to kill them both.” I nodded and I tried to contain a yawn, “you can take a nap in the guest bedroom while you wait.” I gave Scott a tired smile, “thank you for everything.” he hugged me from the side, “don’t mention it.” 

I got up and headed towards the guest bedroom which Hope had showed me earlier in case I wanted to rest since I was exhausted from all the running I had done earlier. I let out a groan as I sunk into the bed that felt almost too soft to be real but my eyes slid shut and I fell asleep almost as soon as my head had hit the pillow. I woke up to a commotion outside of the room, “let us in Scott.” there was a frustrated sigh, “guys she’s drained can’t you let her rest for a few more hours.” 

I forced myself to get out of the bed and open the door, “it’s alright Scott I don’t want to be away from them any longer than I already have.” I let myself fall into Bucky’s arms and I almost started to weep as he wrapped his arms around me, “I thought I had lost you forever.” I held him tightly, “I was stupid to agree to go with him in the first place especially since I knew what they were capable of.” he hushed me, “you just thought you were doing the right thing and protecting us.” Steve wrapped his arms around me from behind. 

“We’re never letting you go again.” I leaned into Steve, “I’m sorry.” he let out a confused noise, “for what.” I let a single tear fall, “I was being completely unreasonable the day that everything happened. I shouldn’t have pushed you away the way that I did, I should have just tried to talk to you about it.” he shushed me, “it’s in the past and I don’t blame you, you needed space and I didn’t respect that I kept pushing instead of backing off.” I sniffled enjoying their embrace for a moment longer before pulling away and looking at Scott, “thanks for all your help Scott.” 

He smiled at me, “it wasn’t a problem, I'm glad I could help.” I gave him a hug before looking at Bucky and Steve, “can we go home now?” they nodded and Bucky placed his hand on my lower back leading me forwards and I leaned into him. When we got onto the quinjet Steve put it into autopilot and led me to the bunk area where he pushed three beds together and I crawled into the middle humming contently at how soft the mattresses were and I smiled as I felt Bucky and Steve lay next to me and get as close as they could as if they thought I was going to disappear if they lost physical contact with me. It wasn’t long before I found myself drifting asleep although I heard F.R.I.D.A.Y. 's automated voice, “Sirs Mr.Stark has requested a video call?” I brushed it off and allowed myself to be consumed by sleep once more.