...CHAPTER XXXV...

~ Resolve ~

~ Resolve ~

Naoka finally woke.

Her eyes squeezed shut before carefully opening again, adjusting to the bright light that seemed to surround her.

She didn't remember what happened, the last thing she could recall was cuddling Mikey on his bed while they ate dorayaki. She didn't remember meeting Izana, saving Emma or going to Shin's grave.

The first person she wanted was Mikey.

She looked around the room and noticed two familiar figures in it, the first who noticed her awake was the tall dark haired boy. His eyes widened as he whispered her name, moving forward to embrace her in a hug so tight that she almost couldn't breathe.

"Thank fuck, you scared the shit out of me Nao!" He all but shouted and she struggled to breath, her head throbbing a little.

"W- who are you?" She asked looking at him with a confused face. The honey eyed boy's happy face dropped to a distraught one, as he feared she didn't remember him.

Draken had been making eye contact with her at that moment, and she had sent him a wink. He had to look away as Baji swallowed with shaky hands.

"Y- your joking... right?" He laughed nervously, his fear evident and she covered her mouth as she couldn't stop the small laugh that left her lips.

"Of course, I'm kidding kink boy, how could I forget anyone as annoying as you?" She quipped and he clenched his jaw angrily while Draken let out his laughter.

"It's not funny! How could you joke about that?" He exasperated as he shook her shoulders which only fuelled their laughter more as she clutched her head. "And you! You shut up Draken!"

"I'm sorry Kei I just couldn't help it." She laughed as she wiped a tear from her eye of laughter and Baji just glared at her. "I'm sorry, come here." She said as she opened her arms and he gave in easily going to hug her again, this time climbing on the bed beside her. He knew that if Mikey saw he would be pissed but he didn't care right now.

"You seriously scared the crap out of me, idiot." He whispered and she softened knowing he didn't just mean her little joke.

"I know, I'm sorry."

She then looked to Draken who also gave her a hug and she squeezed him tightly. He was shaking slightly, and she was curious to know what was going through his mind right now, she had never seen him like this before, he looked afraid.

"Where is everyone, what happened?" She asked not having recalled a thing and Draken sat down beside her.

"You, Mikey, Emma and Takemichi went to meet with his brother. When you did, Kisaki showed up. He tried to kill Emma, but you interfered and well, you were hit instead." Draken finished. His voice had been slightly shaky, and she felt bad for him.