...CHAPTER XVI...

~ Problems ~

~ Problems ~

Baji never called her like he had promised, and he wasn't responding to any texts or calls from Naoka either.

'Weird.' She thought. 'Is he in trouble or just dodging me?'

A couple of days passed, and she began to worry that something had happened to him. She planned to visit him later today.

She was on her way home from school, when she saw Takemichi walking alone.

"Hey fiasco! Wait up!" She called, noticing the bleached blonde boy flinch before turning to her.

"Naoka-senpai?" He said and she cringed slightly as they fell into step together.

"I told you not to call me that, remember?"

"I remember. But I'll stop calling you senpai when you stop calling me fiasco." He chuckled and she sent him a glare causing his laughter to die down.

"You look worried, did something happen?" She asked him and he realised it was better to just tell her what was going on rather than trying to hide it. He had heard from a few of the others that she had good intuition.

"Yesterday-"

"Hey you! Guy with the blonde hair." They heard a male voice call them and stopped to look down towards a swing set.

A familiar boy with blonde hair and an undercut was the culprit, and Naoka went to walk over when Takemichi stopped her.

"What are you doing? He's just some random! What if he's dangerous?" Takemichi exasperated and Naoka scoffed shaking her head at the clueless boy.

"That's Chifuyu, you know. Baji's vice captain?" She deadpanned and Takemichi's eyes went wide as he quickly changed his tune, racing over to the guy. She rolled her eyes as she followed after him.

"Naoka? Is that you?" Chifuyu asked as the two approached him a small pink hue coated his cheeks.

"Yeah its- wait, what the hell happened to you?" She asked worried as she gently cupped his face to inspect it and he almost blew a circuit. His face went a bright shade of red due to her closeness and gentle touch.

'So soft, and she smells like vanilla~'

"I- I'll explain in a minute~"

"You're the one that Baji beat the shit out of!" Takemichi cut them off and Naoka's eyes widened.

'What? Why would he do that?'

"Look who's talking." Chifuyu retorted and Naoka stepped back as she shook her head.

"What are you guys even talking about? Why would Baji hurt you?" The dark haired girl asked, and she noticed a sad look in Chifuyu's eyes.

"He had to do it, to get into Valhalla. Listen, I don't think Baji's really on their side." Chifuyu reasoned, but Naoka was angry. Even if that were so, why would he go so far as to hurt this little bundle of joy? She needed answers, now. She needed to talk to Baji herself.