vii. new friendships, jolly spirits

❛𝘔𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦,

𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬,

𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯❜

Dear Sirius,

Thank you for the letter! I'm doing great here, what about you? Luckily, I haven't been sent to another one of those parties since the last one with you guys. I can relate to that, honestly.

Don't worry, I won't tell James! You're quite the sweet talker aren't you? Thank you for the compliments, those are much appreciated. Well, since I don't think I will be able to send myself to your school, I sent you these sweets.

My personal favorites are M&M's and Kitkat, those are just amazing. You should try them all out and tell me which one you liked the most. I'll send more soon.

Oh, and I sent you a pack of cigarettes I had laying around my flat. I assumed you smoke since you smelt distinctively of cigs when I first met you. Thought you'd appreciate American cigarettes?

How is James doing? He's been busy lately, he hasn't responded to any of my letters.

It was nice to receive a letter from you, Sirius.

Sincerely,

G. Jones

Sirius grinned wolfishly reading the letter, he had just received a parcel and a letter. He immediately opened the parcel as Remus raised an eyebrow at him.

"You seem eager to open whatever that is."

"These, my dear Moony, are muggle sweets and cigarettes a pretty lady friend of mine sent me." Sirius grinned, practically drooling when he saw what was inside the parcel. There were chocolates, candies, all sorts of muggle sweets he has never seen before, and of course, there was a pack of cigarettes just like the letter had stated. He didn't think she'd pay attention to that small detail during the party.

"I didn't know you had friends." Remus snorted, which caused Sirius' grin to drop and glare at him.

"Piss off, Moony. Don't ruin my happiness." Sirius grumbled, a smile reappearing when he took bite of Kitkat. "Want some?" Sirius offered the chocolate towards his best friend.

Remus took a bite of the chocolate and nodded approvingly, "Gimme that."

The werewolf snatched the chocolate out of his hand and ate all of it, humming in happiness.

"That was mine!" Sirius whined.

"What was?" A voice joined them, the pair looked up and saw James joining them, with Lily trailing behind him, before settling to the seat next to him.

"Remus took my chocolate." Sirius grumbled, sulking like a child. He then narrowed his eyes at the tall boy and gathered all the muggle sweets in his arm, protecting them from Remus' prying hands.

"No touchy!" He smacked Peter and Remus' hands who were inching towards his sweets.

James, seeing that Sirius was distracted by the other two, grabbed a sweet and furrowed his eyebrows at them.

"Aren't these muggle sweets?" He questioned the boy.

Lily, whose ears perked up at the mention of muggle sweets, looked over, "Oh! I've been dying to get some muggle sweets. Where'd you get them, Black?"

"Apparently, his lady friend sent them to him." Remus snorted.

"What lady friend?"

"I didn't know you had friends." James and Peter said at the same time, Remus grinned and said, "That's what I said, Pete."

"I'm offended."

"What lady friend, Pads?" James repeated his question.

As far as he knew, Sirius had no muggle friends, much less muggle lady friends. Well, friends in general. The only friends he had were James, Remus and Peter, and that's it.

"Gracie sent them to me." Sirius answered nonchalantly.

James frowned at the answer, "Gracie?"

"Mhm."

"Since when have you been friends with Gracie?" He asked. "Since you kind of ditched her." Sirius shrugged.

"I did not ditch her." James argued. "How'd you get her address anyways? And she usually send these sweets to me."

"Well she would, if you ever bothered replying to her letter."

James didn't know why he was so bothered by this. It was true, he hadn't replied to Gracie's letters in a while, but he had a reason. He didn't want to upset Lily by doing so. Not that they were official yet, but his main focus had been on her ever since their first date.

He tried to act nonchalant after the conversation, but he couldn't help but feel the anger and jealousy stirring inside.

・゜゜・..・゜゜・

Sweets,

Thank you so much for the sweets and cigarettes, you might have to send me more of those two. My friends keep on stealing them from me. Anyways, you were right. I do smoke, and these cigarettes are amazing. However, I'm surprised you smoke. You certainly do not look the part.

As for James, well.. he has a lady friend now, somewhat? They aren't official, but he's had his eye on her for a while now. I'm sorry for that. I could tell you really liked him. But don't fret, I'm right here ;)

While you're at it, I heard the Beatles released a new album. Could you, pretty please send me one? I'll send the money for them, don't worry. It's just they don't really sell them here where we go to school.

Here's a picture of Remus and Peter eating the sweets you gave me for proof. Will be waiting for a reply.

S.B

And that was how the friendship between Sirius Black and Gracie Jones started. Sending each other letters, sweets, and sharing things about themselves. It was the start of a beautiful friendship.