Nightmare

"I will always stay with you, I promise you and I will only leave you when I know you are happy and there is someone who loves you like I do" my father promised and there was a grin on my lips.

"Don't ever talk about leaving me! I am not gonna let you go anywhere" I exclaimed, it's obvious that I can't live without him. But he just laughed. Seeing my father laugh I smiled too.

Suddenly everything started to fade and my smile faded too and everything changed.

I am at a funeral and I have to burn my father's dead body as I am his only child, my mom was crying miserably and there were soldiers who were saluting my father 'cause he gave his life for the nation. The priest was saying something to me I could see his lips moving but I can't hear anything, I was numb not doing anything feeling like I am paralised. Tears started to fall freely from my eyes and I couldn't help the frustrating scream which escaped my lips.

I woke up with a jerk, I was sweating badly and tears were falling uncontrollably. I was crying again. Thankfully I live here alone otherwise someone else would have been worried for me or maybe annoyed of my everyday screams. I just can't help with this nightmare. I wish dad you were still here, and I wish you would have kept your promise. I miss you dad. I miss you so much.

I calmed myself and got up to look at my messy self. I stared at myself in mirror, my hair was looking like a bird nest and my eyes were red and puffy. My skin was looking pale and and my nose was red too. I stared directly in my dark brown eyes through the mirror and fake smiled to make my face look a bit presentable.

I took a shower and got ready to leave for college. I am wearing a black tank top with denim jacket and jeans. I took my car and left for college.

Today is my first day of the third year of college so I am a bit nervous to meet my new teachers. Oh did I forgot to mention that my grades are really good and I am looking forward to get a degree and be a really good officer and serve for my country as my father did. I mean yeah, I am not becoming a soldier so I sure can't serve as my father did but still I can be of some use. And I am not a nerd, if you think like that.

After a drive of fifteen minutes I reached and parked my car. There were not much vehicles, that means I am early.

I waited for my best friend in the corridor leaning against a wall, today the freshers will be coming too. I hate freshers they all think that they have left the school so now on they can have the time of their lives but little did they know that this is going to affect their grades not just for the first semester or year, but for their whole college life.

"Mikks"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my name and saw my best friend Sarah looking at me with a warm smile. She is my best friend since the last year. I didn't have any friends in the first because I was much engrossed in my studies and my mom always said you should concentrate more in the first year of college so I ended up being the nerd in the freshmen but I don't regret it.

I quickly turned to her with a smile "Hey" I chirped.

"What happened?" her voice was filled with concern, I just shrugged and said nothing, but she knew something was off.

She glanced at her wrist watch and asked me to meet after her after the class and that's when I realized I am getting late for my first class. I practically ran towards my class and reached just seconds before the professor entered.

The professor introduced himself as Mr. Gupta and asked us to introduce ourselves. It gave me the school vibes but, I just shrugged it off. That professor ended the class early 'cause today is the first day but also warned he will start teaching from the next class and we all should pay attention to his lectures.

I left the class and went to canteen because that's where we were going to meet but I think I have to wait for her longer than expected.

There weren't much people in canteen, I looked at every table and found a really cute guy on whom I have a crush on staring at me. My heart started beating faster and I am sure my heart skipped a beat when he passes me his million dollar smile. I felt heat creep to my cheeks and I quickly averted my gaze.

And that exact moment Sarah choose to come. She looked at me confused. I tried to laugh it off but I failed miserably.

"Mallika what's going on? In the morning I saw your eyes puffy and right now you are blushing, you are acting weird today." she said.

"Am I?" I tried to play it off but it didn't work. "It's just I got that nightmare again" Well she is the only one who knows about my life in the whole college. Why? Because I talk to her only. Duh.

She didn't said anything but passed me a sad smile. she averted  her gaze from me and then after she looked back at me an asked "Why were you blushing?"

I again looked at him, and found him already looking at me. I am sure if my face was pink before, now it would be beet red.  

A/N. Hey it's Priyanshi, I am not a great writer and this is my first story too. I hope you like it. If you find any mistakes please correct me. What do you guys think will happen next ? Comment your thoughts. Again I would like to tell you, I am not good at author's note. 

Vote, Comment, Follow