Above The Law (Part 4) | "Get it over with."

Start from the beginning

With a sign from David, we all moved forward, sneaking up on the group of men.

Javier: How about we see your head pop, you piece of shit!?

David jumped up, punching Badger in the face, breaking his nose. The man fell to the ground, blood dripping down his face and his gun dropping to his side.

Max: David!?

David: I thought better of you, Max. I really did.

Max: David. Come on, man! We’re a unit. There’s no need for–

But he stopped his sentence, firing at us with his gun, all of us jumping for cover. I fell beside Clementine, both of us breathing heavily as the bullets shot through the wooden crate we were behind. David started to shoot at Max while Lonnie ran away in a swift motion.

David: Stop him!

Jesus: He’s getting away!

Clementine: I’m going after him!

Emma: Good luck!

Clem raced after Lonnie with Jesus and I stayed behind the crate with Javier before Badger got up from where he was laying, running up some metal stairs.

David: Go! You two! Get Badger!

I got to my feet, loading up my gun and running after the man, Javier following after me. I watched as Badger tipped over a shelf, but I slid under it before it could completely fall, Javi having to jump over it to keep up. The man’s eyes widened at us still after him and he dodged up some stairs, closing the door of an office.

Emma: Come on, Javi!

Rushing up the stairs after the guy, my boots clanging up the metal staircase in an unsettling rhythm before I reached the top, slamming my shoulder into the door. It burst open, Javi running in first, but freezing like a statue when he saw Badger loading up a shotgun. I moved into the office as well, pointing my gun at Badger, but Javi put up his arm to stop me with a pointed look.

Badger: Now I finally get to see your head pop, little girl!

Emma: Fuck you!

I rushed him, choking him up against the wall with one arm, my other hand grabbing the gun so it wouldn’t fire at me or Javi. The man growled, slamming his head into mine, making me fall backwards, stars in my eyes. I was on the ground, everything slowly coming back to normal, but Badger pointed the shotgun at my head. However, Javi ran forward, tackling him to the ground before he could pull the trigger. I got up as Javi elbowed the man in the face, his already broken nose snapping further to the right, more blood pouring down his face and into his mouth.

After a few more hits, Badger had enough, pushing Javi off him and swapping positions, grabbing onto Javi’s throat and crushing his windpipe as he struggled for breath. I charged him, using the butt of my gun to hit him around the head, making the man fall backwards and into pipes that led into the wall. Getting an idea, I grabbed Badger’s head, smashing it repeatedly into the metal, my blood boiling in rage at what he said to me and what he said about Mariana.

Badger’s eyes widened, finally taking in what was happening and he grabbed the wrench that was attached to the pipes, hitting me around the face. I felt a burn of pain, a metallic taste seeping into my mouth, making me grimace. As I was distracted with the pain, Badger pushed me harshly into the window behind me, half of my body falling out of it, nearly tipping over the long drop below.

Tripp: Emma!

Javi: Oh, fuck!

Javier ran forwards, trying to help, but Badger held up the wrench, Javi running right into it and falling to the ground practically unconscious. Then the man grabbed me back into the room, using his foot to push me to the ground.