𝟐𝟏. no more secrets

Start from the beginning

"It's dangerous," Kloe stated simply.

"I know, but- but the people in there mean a lot to us. And if you told the rest of your group, then you'll all be kicked out, and I don't want that," Maggie stuttered in her words, looking down at her hands that were placed on her lap.

"Look, I'm not the greatest at keeping secrets, but I'm also not bad at it," Kloe said, being quieter. "It'll most likely be Glenn who snitches on you, Maggie."

"Didn't you tell Zayn and Glenn about Lori's mystery pregnancy?"

Kloe's eyes immediately widened as she stared at the girl with confusion, "H- how did you know Lori's pregnant?"

"Glenn told me while you were getting stitched up. Speaking of..." she trailed off, a smirk playing on her lips. Kloe shut her eyes and sighed, ready for what Maggie was about to bring up. "You one hundred percent lied to me in the pharmacy about not having a thing with Glenn."

"What?" her eyes shot open, her eyebrows furrowing at the girl, "I didn't lie."

"Yeah, you did. Zayn told me what happened at the CDC," at first, Kloe was confused, but then it all came at her at lightning speed. Her lips parted with shock, and her eyelids widened. "Judging by the expression on your face, I'm guessing you thought he didn't know?"

No words formed, and she sat there in complete shock, looking like an idiot. When Kloe snapped herself back into reality, blood rushed up to her cheeks, and she covered her entire face with both of her hands, "Oh, God. That's so embarrassing."

"Embarrassing? I find it kind of cute," Maggie chuckled.

"Cute?" Kloe questioned, her hands falling into her lap, and she stared at the girl with a serious look. "How is my brother knowing that I slept with Glenn at the CDC cute?

"I'm not talking about your brother, silly. I mean the relationship between you and Glenn. Every time you guys look at each other, talk to each other, hell even if you're near each other, you'll always end up smiling like teenagers to each other."

"No, we don't, do we?" Kloe rushed her words, panic getting the better of her.

"You definitely do. Hey, take my advice, tell him you like him tomorrow," she suggested, the smirk never leaving her face.

"And if I don't like him?"

"Oh, yeah right, sorry. I chose the wrong word. Tell him you love him."

...

Kloe stared down at the soil on the ground. It was the next morning, and the only thing that was dancing around her mind was the conversation Maggie and Kloe had. Everything she was saying about her lying about having a thing for Glenn was true, but she kept denying it.

She didn't know why she kept denying it. It wasn't right to lie. But when it came to a situation like that, all she thought of doing was denying it.

Isabelle had come in once everyone had finished preparing breakfast and helped me make her way over. The stitches and antibiotics she was given helped, it felt like she was back to normal, kinda.

No one except Glenn and Kloe trusted Isabelle. She knew that the moment she could walk on her own, she could talk Rick into letting Isabelle stay. After all, she was only sixteen.

She couldn't even face looking at Glenn or her older brother. Zayn knew that his sister and best friend had slept together at the CDC, and Kloe was mortified. But so far, it didn't even look like he cared. Maybe because he trusted Glenn, he knew that Glenn wouldn't do anything to hurt her.