The best birthday gift | Pastel! F.I. x Punk! Reader

Start from the beginning

"What if I got you a guitar?" Frank asks before taking a sip from his cup.

"Or you can buy yourself a new one." I shrug a little. "You know I don't have a lot of time to play it right now, bubblegum."

A sigh comes from Frank as he slowly munches on his pancakes, mostly observing me, caught in his thoughts.

Frank goes upstairs to get ready for bed after he finishes eating, so I clean everything while he's doing so, soon following the same lead to find him already comfortable under the covers and on his phone when I leave the bathroom, yawning. The moment I lie down, Frank sets his phone aside, also yawning, wrapping his arms around my middle to rest his head on my chest, though it looks like he continues a little tense until suddenly moving to cup my face with both of his hands.

"Midnight. Happy birthday," he whispers before pressing his lips to mine. "I love you."

"I love you!" I smile.

A sweet smell hits my nose first thing in the morning, accompanied by the bitter smell of coffee that, even distant, is still there. Weird. I turn softly on the bed, burying my face more into the pillow, but the sleep already started to slip out of my grasp and it shows when I slowly start to notice more the chirps of the birds outside and how it's too light right now, but it all seems irrelevant once soft mumbling comes from the hall's direction along with soft clinking until a presence enters the room and the clinking stops with a slightly louder sound.

Frank sighs, then a hand finally rests on my shoulder. "(Y/n)," he calls softly as the mattress shifts and part of his torso is pressed to mine. "Good morning!" He presses soft kisses to the side of my face, continuing with it up to when I turn to face him with a groan, blinking until the humanoid shape finally turns into Frank himself. "Hi!" A grin tugs on his lips and his arms are wrapped around me in a bone-crushing hug first thing.

"Hi," I hum softly, pressing a kiss to his neck.

It takes me a while to finally sit up and think properly, but my mind seems to start working properly once Frank holds up the tray of breakfast he had placed on the nightstand. "I thought you'd like it!" He carefully places it on my lap.

"It's perfect!" My heart flutters at the sight of what he prepared me, from my favorite coffee to the pancakes and a few other things that I like, all of it neatly organized on the tray. "Thank you, bubblegum! I appreciate it a lot!" I press a kiss to his cheek, watching his face turn red as he smiles, following me with his gaze as I start eating.

The way Frank follows me around the house with the same adoring gaze the whole time is no new, even more with how he holds onto the back of my shirt sometimes, almost like when we watch a horror movie and he lies about not being afraid of it even if we can't sleep with the TV turned off and Frank being held tightly. Despite being pleasant, I can't deny having Frank clingy like this with me can be sort of a problem by happening already in the morning, given how I'll need to leave for work. Soon.

"Gonna behave today?" I raise an eyebrow as I look at Frank through the mirror, adjusting my grip on my pencil to apply the eyeliner.

Frank looks away with a sigh, raising his eyebrows lightly. "I have college work to do today."

"Okay," I hum and pause to apply eyeliner to the other eye. "Are you going to prepare lunch or will you order anything? I can leave you some money if you need it."

"Uh, no," Frank hums, "I'll fix something myself. I haven't checked the fridge yet. Don't worry." A smile tugs on his lips as he follows me to the front door after I take my bag from the couch, standing in the doorway even if still wearing the same clothes as last night, hopefully not cold.