Chapter Three - Morning Roses, Mourning Roses (Deadly Life)

Start from the beginning

A feeling of dread washed over me. Without thinking, I pushed past the crowd, running back to the first floor.

I heard footsteps echo behind me, but I didn't turn around to see who it was.

I reached the first floor, and rushed to the dorms.

It's okay.

Baiko must have slept past the body announcement.

It's not like he's dead or anything.....

Right?

I approached his dorm.

I knocked on the door, but it slowly creaked open when my hand made contact.

I pushed the door open all the way, struggling to see in the eerie darkness of his dorm.

I slid my hand along the wall until I found the light switch, and then I flicked it on.

What I saw wasn't has horrifying as the realization that came with it.

Baiko Tanifuji was laying on the floor of his dorm, propped up against his bed.

*ding dong, dong ding*

"What's this? Another body has been discovered!" Monokuma's voice rang through the speakers of the monitor in his room. "To compensate, the investigation period will be extended! Everyone, please gather in Baiko Tanifuji's dorm room!"

Two people are dead.

Now we have to investigate two separate murders.

And if we get it wrong......

I don't want to think about that.

I turned around to see Serena and Mizuki behind me, both equally shocked.

It didn't take long for everyone to come clamoring in.

"Wow! Looks like we've got our first double murder!" Monokuma exclaimed. "And before you ask, the Monokuma File has already been sent to your handbooks!"

I took out my handbook again and read over the new file.

"The victim is Baiko Tanifuji, the Ultimate Soccer Pro. The time of death is estimated to be 4:45 A.M. The body was discovered in the victim's dorm room. The cause of death was several stabs to the chest. Five, to be precise. The victim's right wrist is fractured, but not broken. There are also bruises on either side of the victim's neck. There are no other wounds on the victim's body."

Truth Bullet Added - Monokuma File 3.5

I closed my eyes, lapsing into thought. This is a problem, so we need to find a solution.

If ten people are still alive, we can split everyone into two groups without a problem.

"Isoshi, Aiko, Takayuki, Kat, and Emiko, you guys stay here and investigate Baiko's death." I said, "Keina, Yosai, Mizuki, and Serena, you're with me. We're investigating Namika's."

The five of us walked back to the game room where Namika's body was, and we all spread out to search the room.

Now Playing - BOX 15

The first thing I noticed was a pool of blood on the floor a few paces in front of Namika's body. There was nothing particularly special about it, for a pool of blood, but my gut told me it would be important.

Truth Bullet Added - Pool of Blood on Game Room Floor

After I was pretty sure I was done looking at that, I pulled Namika's Monokuma File put from my pocket and read it over, just to see what info we could gain from it.