Blindsided III

Start bij het begin

"We have no idea where he is now," Arnav added.

Khushi cleared her throat uncomfortably. "I know where he might be." Ignoring the incredulous looks, she continued, "The house I lived in with Garima was given to her by Arman Malik. It was in her name and after she died, I kept on living there. I assumed it was mine now, but that wasn't the case.

"Garima had never created a will, and apparently, Daksh Malik was able to get the house back in his name after her death. I didn't know about it until..."

"Until?" Lavanya pushed.

"Until the day he came to kick me out."

Anjali scoffed in disgust. "That man..." She clasped Khushi's hand. "I'm sorry, Khushi."

Khushi smiled weakly. "It's alright, Anjali Ji. It was hard, but I survived. Just like you guys did."

"What's the address of the house?" Lavanya interjected.

Khushi rattled it off.

"It's in Lucknow?" Lavanya confirmed as she made note of it.

"Yeah."

"Lavanya Ji, has there been any update on the Shyam situation?"

"Not yet. I have a theory but not enough evidence to back it up."

"What's the theory?" Khushi said. She knew enough of Lavanya's theories to know that they were usually right.

"That the person behind your kidnapping was also behind Shyam's escape." Lavanya held up the photograph. "Daksh Malik."

"My brides, my lovely Rani Saibas, I've only given them the gift of eternity."

Khushi jolted as that sentence shot through her mind. Shyam, Shyam had said that to her. But when?

"I think," Khushi said slowly, "he was there." She nodded with more certainty. "Yes, he was. Shyam was there when I was kidnapped. I remember...I remember talking to him."

Lavanya wanted to believe her, but couldn't help being critical. "Are you sure? After all, we were discussing him; maybe you only think--"

"No, I remember. We had a conversation. He said..." Khushi closed her eyes tightly as she tried to recall the exact conversation. "He said that in exchange for helping kidnap me, he would get Anjali Ji. He really wanted to give her... 'the gift of eternity' he called it. He said he gave it to all his Rani Saibas."

Anjali swallowed back the bile that threatened to rise, and Arnav clenched his fists. Damn it, Shyam. What he would give to get his hands on that bastard.

Lavanya nodded. "Okay. I'm heading out now; if you remember anything else, give me a call."

***

Daksh Malik drummed his fingers as he watched the news story with hooded eyes.

So they had gotten married.

That brat of a nephew of his to that annoying girl. If only she'd died.

This fickle media, instead of praising the "power couple," would have been raking Arnav over coals, accusing him of being involved with the murder.

AR Industries stocks would drop, and Daksh would have quietly snapped them up. By the time Arnav found out what was happening, his company would be in Daksh's hands.

Financial loss would mean that Arnav's security around Anjali would have slackened, and Daksh would have had her kidnapped and handed over to Shyam.

A fitting end, in his opinion.