I felt happy. Which meant something was about to go down real quick. It has been that way for years.

My eyes fall on the two beams of light that pierced through the rain followed by the red Mustang that came to a halt.

Zayn.

I see him get out in urgency and rush towards our building.

"Zayn is here." I inform Louis as he hums a yes.

It's about time.

A few quiet seconds pass by when the keys clash against the door, indicating Zayn trying to unlock. The door opens as he strides in haste, his eyes wide and his lips parted, helping him breathe.

"You're done." Louis lets go of my hair and goes back to his original place.

"Let me guess, we have a problem," I say calmly looking at Zayn.

"Yes." he swallows when Louis looks up at him.

"And you caused it?" I question.

"No." he shakes his head.

"Thank God." I exhale in relief when he steps forward.

"But it's bad," he continues, "they shot Sam."

My chest tightens.

"They did what," I say sternly, sitting up now.

"Yes. His body is still at the club. According to them, they were just playing around but things got heated up and Sam shot them first so they didn't hold back." Zayn explains as Louis looks over at me.

He knew how much he meant to me. Sam was like my little brother. He didn't have anyone of his own, just like me.

"Take me there." I stand up, get my leather jacket off the back of the chair and slide it onto the corset top I was wearing.

"Angel it's not safe-" Louis starts when I give him a look and he stops mid-sentence.

"Zayn. You heard me." I say again and dash out of the apartment, galloping down the stairs.

Reaching the ground floor I stride out into the rain and get inside the unlocked car.

This doofus needs to remember locking his cars.

A while later both Zayn & Louis follow and get in. Zayn takes the driver's seat and Louis goes to the back.

"Your gun." Louis holds out the revolver that I left in a hurry.

"Thank you." I swallow, gluing my eyes on the road.

A million thoughts chased my mind as we slivered down the road. I still can't believe I ended up being a part of a gang. What was I thinking? But not every part of it is bad, there are good times just not as much as the bad ones. Losing someone every day can be hard and there's no way to get used to it.

The car halts before I even realised how much distance we traveled.

"Just don't do anything. Please." Zayn warns as I open the door and dart out.