CHAPTER SIX

They all sat in silence, already hearing what Sersi told them as they were too stunned to say anything.

"So you're saying we're just fancy robots, and our past memories are... Stored somewhere... In space?" Kingo asked, just as confused.

"And Arishem made the Deviants," Sersi completed, Ikaris getting up from his spot.

"I'm sorry, Thena." Gilgamesh said to Thena from across the table. "You tried to warn us."

"The last time Arishem reset the memories, something must have gone wrong." Sprite commented at the table.

"What do you mean?" Ikaris asked her.

"Well, that's what Mahd Wy'ry is, isn't it? All this time, Thena was remembering all the other planets we were sent to. And everyone dying during the Emergence." Sprite explained to him.

"We thought we were heroes." Gilgamesh said. "Turns out, we were the bad guys."

"We're not the bad guys, okay?" Kingo reassured him, trying to sound sure of himself. "We helped the Celestials expand life all across the universe! That's not what bad guys do, that's what good guys do!"

"Every innocent life that has been sacrificed for the greater good, it turns out to be a mistake." Sersi explained for all of them. "We have to stop the Emergence."

"Sersi, we have no right to stop the birth of a Celestial." Kingo warned her calmly.

"There has to be a way to make an Emergence without destroying the Earth!" Sersi said in determination. "We just have to... Delay it until we figure out how."

"Couldn't Druig control his mind?" Gilgamesh asked, having them snap their head over at him. "Maybe, put it to sleep?"

"Put it to sleep?" Sprite asked with skepticism. "Are you serious?"

"Gilgamesh asked Druig to put me to sleep once." Thena reminded them all, finally speaking at the table.

"So I could take a vacation to Fiji, ya know." Gilgamesh said.

"Were talking about a Celestial!" Kingo reminded them, sounding a bit frantic now and searching all of their faces.

"We have to try, okay?" Sersi said to him, "We're not going to let everyone on earth die, alright?" She sounded like a leader then.

"Right!" Karun said in agreement, all of them looking at him now, he became sheepish again. "I'm human. I'm a little biased." 

"We need to go, now.  Find the others, once we're all together, we'll decide what to do with the Emergence." Ikaris explained to us, already set it in stone.

"We should go to Adelyne first." Thena said.

"Where we would find her? The last time she send me a letter, she was in South Korea." Kingo said.

"Thena and I knew where she live now." Gilgamesh said, looking at them. "She's in New South Wales, Australia. She's working now as a zookeeper in National Zoo and Aquarium."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day...

New South Wales, Australia
National Zoo and Aquarium

Adelyne's POV

I was with Simba, the lion. Brushing his fur with my fingers while he put his head on my lap.

Then, out of nowhere, Anna, the lioness jump on my back, while I was sitting.

"Okay... Anna, get off on me now, your pretty heavy." I said to her which surprise me, she obeyed. She never obeyed on me last time. Then she was followed by her cubs. Two cubs. Brenna and Brian.