CHAPTER FOUR

Chapter Five

I had a heavy breakfast as I ate last night's supposed to be dinner. There are leftovers but I think it will be enough for lunch. I wore white shorts and I wore Neon's sweater that I stole from his luggage last night. I walked out of the house. I proceed at the park and spend some coins to buy food for the ducks. I don't know but I am on the urge to feed them. As I look at the river, there were 7 ducks with different colors and sizes. 2 was color brown, there was 2 black ducks and another 2 for white ones. One duck stood among for it was colored differently and has no pair unlike the other. The red duck came close to me. It has small spikey teeth. Over the years, some species changed form, nature, and how they hunt their prey because of exposure to radiation.

The red duck must have saw the food. Because of fear, I throw all it at his face hoping that he might stop coming closely to me. The duck ate the food yet he walked nearer and nearer. It squaked loudly like it was scaring me. I ran away from the duck but it also ran and followed me. It must have misundertood me and think that I have more food. Or it maybe because I throw the food directly on its face. Or maybe because I am it's prey. Ducks do bite but imagine how painful it will be when they have sharp teeth.

I kept running until I've realize that I am at the forest yet the duck is still following me. There are many ideas on my head that involves violence but I didn't want to harm the duck. It may only be an animal but still, it has life and experiencing reality. I might hope to run fast until the duck cannot follow me but whatever speed I put, the duck also accelerates. Species that are dangerous like this should be reported to the custody.

I tripped and fall on the ground of leaves. The duck slowly came near me. I tried to hush it away but it kept on coming near. I flattered kicks, thinking it may scare the duck away but the animal didn't mind. It came closer and with it's teeth, it bit me on my left leg. Adrenaline rush over me as I took the think stick of more beside me and hit the duck with it. I stand up with the stick supporting me and I keep on hitting the duck. Two more, three more, five more until I have lost counts. A pile of blood spilled from its head but I wasn't contented and I keep on hitting it. I don't know if it is still because of fear or anger and sadness. Moments from yesterday repeats. I remembered how Pisces Bakery was closed down, how fancy the dinner was, how much drama was there, how Neon and me made love even though we are frowning inside and how we slept at the same bed together last night. I didn't care if blood got into my clothes. I didn't care if I cannot recognize the duck anymore. All I care was my emotion. All I care is what do I feel right at this moment.

"You know you could be arrested by killing a duck right? Animal abuse wasn't removed yet from the law." A voice from my back said. I turned around and see a girl whose wearing a black leater jacket with a white shirt inside that says 'Revolution' with blood red color font, a short jeans with black stockings covering her legs and a white running shoes that can improve agility because of its light look. She also as a sling bag on her left side.

"It chased me!" I said to the stranger who looks unsatisfy with my reason. Is she some animal rights supporter?

"That can't be reasoned. You should have hush it away."

"I killed it because it attacked me! It bit my left leg!"

She nod and come close. I tightly hold the wood I am carrying if ever this girl attacked me. "I see. Tell me, what is the color of the duck? Was it naturally red or its color has only been bathed by blood? Did it have teeth to bite you?"

"The color of the duck was red and yes, it bit me with its teeth." I said and she grab something from her sling bag. She took out some kind of potion bottle with a transparent liquid inside.