Chapter 1- Awkward

"Dude, not cool!" I scream as I laugh after Jack pushes me into the ocean water.

I watch him laugh his balls off while I trudge out of the water trying so hard not to laugh, but it was no use. I was a laughing mess as I walked past him to the shore, drenched in my bikini and white shorts.

He kept laughing and I was getting a little annoyed so I surprise attack him by jumping on his back making both of us fall, but him face first in the water. When he comes back up, he laughs at first but coughs due to some salt water that managed to slip through his lips.

"Thanks for breaking my fall!" I laugh as he follows me back up the beach laughing hesitantly. I think he was a little annoyed with my actions but hey, it's payback!

"Not even funny." He laughs a little.

"Whatever." My laughs calm down. "Okay, well beach is checked off our first day of summer list! What now? Mall, movie, or just go hang out with the others?"

"How about we just go back to my house and we'll invite a couple of the guys." He suggests.

"Sounds good." I smile at him and begun thinking my next practical Emma move. I collapse my legs and fall down on the warm sand earning a laugh from Jack as he stops in his tracks.

"What are you doing?" He laughs looking at me.

"I'm tired, carry me." I whine playfully.

He rolls his eyes and doesn't even take time to argue with me before picking me up and swinging me over his shoulder like a rag doll.

"I always forget how damn light you are." He laughs and pokes my side as I'm walked back to his black Range Rover parked in the parking lot.

"What are you talking about? I'm so fat!" I laugh but I was pretty convinced it was true.

Before he says anything back, he puts me down as we reach his car. "Are you kidding me?! You're so skinny! If we weren't this good of friends, I'd bang you." He jokes but it actually was a very alarming sentence.

I shoot him a look and he apparently realised what he actually said.

"Oh! No! Not like that!" He laughs nervously. "I would never even think about that!" He keeps talking repulsively and I can't help but roll my eyes and laugh.

"Jack. Chill!" I place my hand lightly on his shoulder to calm him down and he finally stops talking and looks at me. "I know you wouldn't because I don't know if I'd let you." I giggle and get in his car.

I watch him walk around to his side of the car and when he gets in, his "shaken-up look" still remained on his face.

"You said you don't know... IF..... you'd let me. What'd you mean by that?"

I didn't even know what I meant. Well this is awkward...

I try and brush it off and change the subject by taking Jack's car keys out of his hand and starting the car for him and turning on the music. He knew what I was doing, but I know neither of us want to discuss what just happened here, ever again.

•••

After a 15 minute drive back to Jack's place that he's living in with Johnson, everyone was already there waiting for us. Jack and I talked about random sh*t the whole way home and just rambled on.

We pull in the drive way and head inside. When we come in the door, all eyes were on us and the first to come and give me a hug was Cam. Cameron was my second most closest friend. He was the first one I met when I came to LA.

"Hey Em!" He says warmingly, pulling me into one of his perfect hugs.

"Hey Cam!" I say releasing him. "So what are you guys doin?" I say with a smile sitting on the couch in between Taylor and Matt.

"Watching The Avengers." Nash says not taking his eyes off the flat screen.

"You guys are such dorks." I joke getting back up from the couch, making up my mind that they were all being boring so I head to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, I open the fridge and grab a soda then try and reach for the bag of chips in the top cabinet but can't reach it. I'm not short but I still always seem to be shorter when I go to reach for something.

The struggle is real...

"Need help?" Jack comes from behind me and without even receiving an answer from me, places his hands on my hips.

Without actually lifting me up yet, his gentle hands creep under my shirt accidentally and brush against my skin making me feel jittery. Why was this happening all today? My best friend makes an awkward comment and then all of the sudden, every moment we have is awkward and filled with a weird feeling?!

"I'm fine." I nod him away and he backs up, taking his hands off me and I continue to try and reach for the snack.

He laughs under his breath at my struggling and nudges me aside and grabs the chips then hands them to me.

"Thanks" I crack a smile and rejoin the guys on the couch but sit on Cam's lap on a reclining chair since there were no seats left.

I always suspected Cameron had a thing for me. I know we were friends, but some part of me wanted it to be true. I don't know though. My feelings for guys are never really clear unlike other girls. I'm not like other girls. I'm friends with all guys, no girls. That's not something I think about often because when I hang around guys, I feel like I belong and just have so much fun. I tried hanging out with girls at my other school in Florida 2 years ago, but I can't handle the drama. So as soon as I came to Cali, I met Cameron and he introduced me to all of his vine friends, my best friends now. What's cool is, is that I have a special, and different relationship with each of them. With Jack, as you know, he's like my all time best friend and we're basically brother and sister. Cameron and I are just those type of guy and girl friends that flirt with each other but never go further than that. He occasionally kissed my cheek and sometimes even held my hand when we were at the mall or somewhere. To sum it all up, the rest of the guys are just like my younger brothers (even though they're older than me) that pick on me but know how to show me how to have fun. They're always getting into things but let me tell you, they know how to live life. Everyday it's something new and I don't want to do anything to change any relationship with any of them.

Our friendships are just too perfect to mess up now.

----------------------•••---------------------
The first chapter was a little boring. But for a good story, you gotta set some things into place before you start the real story. ;)

comment!