Above The Law (Part 3) | "He lived."

Start from the beginning

Clementine: He was the only family we had left.

Emma: And now we’re the last ones.

They all passed on their sympathetic looks, responding with nods, just to be polite. In reality, they did nothing to help us, but we had to keep going, and that’s what we did. We walked with purpose, not something we’d had in a while, but we soon made it to the warehouse that was supposed to be safe.

Javier: This is what David circled on the map.

Tripp: Our smelly friends are back…

Emma: Seems so safe.

I followed after the rest of the group, bringing out my knife as we rushed past the herd. I stabbed as many as I could, but with as little time as we had, I could only wound most of them. All of us rushed through the chain link fence, into the small outside area of the warehouse, the walkers not being able to get through.

Javier: If too many of them push against this, it might give. Gotta find a way in.

He looked around before his eyes landed on the garage door.

Javier: Might be able to get in here.

Clementine: It could be full of walkers.

Emma: David is the type to send us all into a death trap.

Tripp: Only one way to know for sure…

Crouching down, Javi tried to pull open the garage door while the rest of us, kept the fences up right, but he could only open it a small amount.

Jesus: Here they come.

Javier: I can– ah, fuck, I can raise it a little, but– something’s wrong with it. Jammed or some shit.

Clementine: Maybe we can force it open.

Javier: We’re gonna have to.

A car was parked nearby in the fenced off area, a carjack handle sitting in the front seat. I pointed to it.

Emma: There! In the car!

Then I turned back to the fence, keeping it upwards with the others. Javier rushed over to it, using his bat to crush the skull of the walker inside and then get the carjack handle. He then ran back over to the garage door, attaching the handle to the carjack.

Jesus: Javi…

Javier: Got it!

He placed the carjack under the garage door, shoving it under while Jesus stabbed a walker in the head as it climbed over the fence.

Jesus: It’s not holding!

Tripp: Get that door open!

Emma: Now, Javi!

I got my knife and stabbed a walker that reached through the chains towards me, making it fall between the gap as Javi shoved the handle as quickly as possible, the garage door opening wider and leaving enough room for us to get under.

Javier: That’s it, it won’t go any higher! Everyone get in!

Clementine ran towards it, sliding under and I did the same, laying back on the floor, letting out shallow breaths.

Jesus: Pardon me.

He then slid under the garage door, standing up neatly beside us.

Tripp: Javi, go!