nine :T

i got out of casita and began to walk around, looking for my brother. i had no idea where he couldve been since i was literally dragged away from him before i got to ask where he was going. i decided to text him to ask where he was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:03 p.m.

you: hey dummy where are you

the demon i live with: im at home tf

you: ohh okay

you: are mom n dad home?

the demon i live with: ya i told them you were at the madrigal's

you: k

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i didnt really know what to do with myself but i didnt wanna go home yet. i stood in the middle of the path that leads to casita's doors, thinking of what i should do. while staring off into space, i felt someone grab my shoulder.

it made me jump a bit which cause the person behind me to laugh at my reaction. i turned around to face the person who had startled me only to find isabela. i always thought she was gorgeous.

"hey, finnley." she greeted me, still giggling a bit.

"hey, isa. do you need something?"

"oh, no. i was just checking on you. you were kinda.. zoned out in the middle of the walkway so i wanted to make sure you were okay."

"oh, thanks. im good, i was just thinking about where i should go." i verified to the beautiful girl in front of me. (shes lowkey so fine, really boutta date her instead of camilo. fuck him)

"alright." she began. "hey, i have a great place in mind that you could go to. let me take you."

she took my hand and led me to a large tree not too far from the casita.

"this is it. its one of the first trees i grew when mirabel helped me... find myself." isabela told me.

"wow.. its very beautiful. what kind is it?" i asked her.

"a strangler fig. i was really into these when i first started growing plants other than roses." she answered.

"oh. i can see why you liked them so much, theyre stunning. anyways, thank you for bringing me here." i smiled and hugged her.

"of course! anyways, i have to continue helping my mami with something. see you later, finnley!" i waved at her as she walked back in the direction of casita.

'that was sweet of isabela.' i thought. i sat down with my back against the tree and smelled the dew on the grass. i noticed a toucan sitting on a branch above me on the tree. i assumed it must have been one of antonio's birds.

i looked through my tote bag and picked out my notebook. i dug around for something to write with and found a half-sharp pencil. i opened my notebook to a blank page and thought about what to draw. ive only ever really been good at drawing people so i decided to draw someone i knew.

'isabela? no, i havent memorized her face. mirabel? mm..nah.' i knew who i wanted to draw. 'camilo.'

this is such a fun fic for me

502 words