Chapter 8 : " Be Grateful "

There were a stack of chairs present at the corner of the room . Kiyotaka took one of them and placed it towards the right hand side of the table , sitting towards the left of Yukinoshita , who was still reading her book .

Grrrr ~

He looked back and noticed Hikigaya growling at Yukinoshita like a wild dog for some reason .

Yukinoshita narrowed her eyes at him in disgust and gave off a cold sigh . She closed the book she was reading and glanced at the rabid dog .

" Why don't you stop standing there , making those disgusting growling sounds , and just sit down ? "

" Huh ? Oh yeah . Sorry . "

He awkwardly took out one of the chairs and sat down far corner of the room , staring at her like she was some kind of alien .

Silence prevailed in the room for some seconds before it was broken by a surprising individual .

" So what kind of club is it ? "

She closed her book and looked at the brown haired boy who was staring at her with those bored empty eyes .

" Why don't you guess ? Both of you ? "

Hikigaya started his interrogation eith great interest .

" How many club members are there in this club ? "

" Three , including the both of you . "

" Huh ? "

" What ? "

" So there are no other members ? "

The woman adjusted her bang behind her ear and narrowed her eyes at him .

" Is there a problem with that ? "

Her eyes cold tone was enough to make the boy shut his mouth , taking advantage of which Ayanokouji continued the discussion .

" Are you planning to be a psychiatrist ? Is this a club which helps you in improving yourself for future ?  "

The girl raised her eyebrows and looked at Ayanokouji with interest .

" What makes you think so ? "

" Well ... Hiratsuka-sensei brought both of us here to you , because we needed help , which was more or less , based on our thinking or mental state .

For example , I can't show emotions or according to sensei , I'm not a great talker - "

He got cut off as Yukinoshita started talking .

" But you are talking to me just fine though . I don't feel any awkwardness coming from you , now that you are talking . Only your introduction was awkward , because it felt forced and unnecessary . "

Ayanokouji slightly raised her eyebrows for a second before nodding at her words .

" I never said that I was an awkward kid . It's what Hiratsuka-sensei percieves of me , just after seeing me for a couple hours and hearing some random stories from my mother . "

Yukinoshita listened to his words carefully , nodding to herself .

" I guess , I can see from where you are coming from . My bad for cutting you off while you were talking . Please continue your observations . "

" Right . "

Ayanokouji nodded at her , appreciating her politeness , as he continued his observation .

" Hikigaya , over there , was brought to the service club , because he needs to be quote on quote fixed , in Sensei's words . So , maybe this is like a practice club for you to help the mental state of students , in return which helps them but also helps you in your future .