~Chapter 5~

~Third POV~

A few days have passed since Tanjiro was awakened from his seemingly never-ending slumber. Aoi was astonished at how fast and seemingly easy Tanjiros' recovery process was. He was currently completing his usual afternoon upper-body restoration exercises. Once he completed the excises he made his way towards the three girls, who he recently learned the names of, which were instructed to make sure he was doing the correct exercises. "Terauchi~chan, Takada~chan, Nakahara~chan!" Tanjiro shouted out to the girls which caused them to turn their attention toward him. "Tsugikuni~san! Have you completed your exercises for the day?" Kiyo Terauchi, the Omegan girl from the night before, asked Tanjiro who responded with a cheerful and a little too aggressive nod.

"Good job Tsugikuni~san!" The other two Omegan girls, otherwise known as Naho Takada & Sumi Nakahara, congratulated Tanjiro since this wasn't the first time Tanjiro had completed his exercises early. "Thank you, Nakahara~chan and Takada~chan!" Tanjiro thanked Sumi & Naho for the appraisal before he decided to ask a question. "Terauchi~chan, do you perhaps know where Aoi~san might be?" Kiyo thought for a moment before answering Tanjiro. "Since it's almost nightfall she is most definitely in the kitchen along with the kakushi who are helping Aoi~san prepare meals for everyone." Tanjiro nodded and proceeded to say goodbye whilst walking away. "Thank you Terauchi~chan! Good Night you three!" Tanjiro roared out whilst he waved goodbye to Naho, Sumi & Kiyo. The girls waved back to Tanjiro as well as shouting out their goodbyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Tanjiro POV~

As I walked toward the doorway of the Training Area I swiftly opened the door. Once I opened the door a flavorful aroma wafted into the air as well as into my nose. I was astounded by the delightful smell that scented the air. I decided to follow the scent that came from down the hall and it led me to the closed entrance of the kitchen. "It's coming from inside here," I stated softly as I slowly opened the door to the kitchen. Each time I slightly opened the door more scents wafted into the cold and dark hallway. By the time the door was fully opened the entire hallway was filled with a plethora of delicious aromas. As I was embracing the savoury scent of the food that was being made in the kitchen I was interrupted by someone shouting.

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" I was in shock not because of how loud Aoi~san had raised her voice at me. It was because of what she was doing, she was carrying a pot full of boiling water without anything protecting her hands from the heat. I hastily came out of my stupor but before I could reply to Aoi~san's question, she spoke. "Whatever. You probably came to ask where you can find Kocho~sama, didn't you?" She asked as she placed the pot on one of the kitchen counters. "Yes yes, I did. If you don't mind helping me." I responded to which Aoi~san just sighed and lowered her head before heaving it up again. "Kocho~sama is most likely meditating on the patio in front of the garden. If she isn't there then she is in her laboratory conducting experiments with chemicals."

Aoi~san informed before carrying on with preparing the food for tonight's dinner. Whilst Aoi~san prepared the food I made my way to the garden which took some time since the Butterfly Estate is huge. Once I arrived, the sun was setting and the stars seemed to be more visible. As I was walking around looking for where Shinobu~san was and calling out her name, I couldn't help but admire how beautiful the garden looks. From the gorgeous flowers that the Wisteria tree produced to the glowing beauty of the Chrysanthemums. What stood out the most to me was the Tsubaki (Camelia flowers).

~Third POV~

No matter how ethereal the flower looked, it didn't stop the frown from forming on Tanjiro's face. Before Tanjiro could admire the garden further a voice called out to him.

~Tanjiro POV~

I could easily pinpoint where the voice had come from, which happened to be the roof that was covering the patio. I peered my head at the roof of the building and there I saw Shinobu~san sitting crossed legged. She gently waved for me to come over, so I jumped and landed safely on the roof. "What brings you here Tsugikuni~san? Hopefully you're not here to complain about the exercises you were assigned for your rehabilitation, are you?" Shinobu~san asked me as I got myself into a comfortable sitting position. "No, it's not that. I completed my rehabilitation training earlier this afternoon." I replied, which shocked and confused her. "I'm not following, since you haven't eaten any humans yet you shouldn't be able to complete the activities in such a short amount of time. Although, you are a half-demon so that should explain why you haven't gone out of control yet."

She said whilst putting her thumb and index finger on her chin as if in thought. "If you haven't come here to make any remarks. What have you come here for?" She asked as she turned her focus to me. "I've come here to ask you if you would allow me to leave the Butterfly Estate and go on official missions sanctioned by the Demon Slayer Corps," I asked Shinobu~san with a look of desperation. She looked at me with a surprised expression before it changed into a soft one. "Tsugikuni~san, you have proven yourself that you aren't a danger to humans. I also think that you are more than eligible to go on missions." Shinobu~san pronounced which caused a smile to form on my face. "Thank you very much Shinobu~san! I'll make sure not to let you down." I confessed, which made Shinobu smile.

Some time has passed and now Shinobu~san and I are enjoying the view of the Moon shining amongst the stars. As well as the Moonlight that's reflecting off of the roses within the garden. "Tsugikuni~san, tell me. Do you think Humans and Demons can be friends?" Shinobu~san asked all of a sudden I was confused on why she would ask that but I answered her anyway. "Honestly, I don't think Demons can co-exist with humans. As long as Demons exist or have the thirst for human flesh Humans will continue to despise and eradicate the Demons." Shinobu gazed at me as if I said something unexpected. "Shinobu~san, did I say something wrong?" She quickly recovered from the shock and had a somber expression on her face. "No, not at all. I was just not expecting you to say such a thing. Since you have the blood of a Demon within you." I lowered my head to the point where I could only see my lap.

"I may be the son of a Demon, but that doesn't change the fact that I am a Demon Slayer and I will do everything within my ability to take down the Demon King!" I professed to Shinobu who only nodded and turn her attention back to the Moon. "My sister was killed by a demon. Every time I am fighting against a Demon they constantly lie and cheat their way out of everything." She expressed as I turned my attention to her and away from my lap. "I believe that you might be able to achieve my goal by uniting the Humans and Demons." She continued as she began to stand up from her spot on the roof. "Do you really believe I'm capable of such a task?" I asked her as she turned her back but still managed to face me. "I have faith in you. Any way I'm off so have a good night's rest Tsugikuni~san." She stated as she left by jumping into the air. Shortly after I did the same and got ready for bed. Tomorrow I will start my first mission sanctioned by the Corp and I want to be fully rested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Third POV~

Somewhere far away on a mountain a house without a single source of light. Within the house, there were shredded human corpses all over the place. Pools of blood surrounded the shredded corpses with the rest of the blood-splattered walls. Someone was standing in front of one of the shredded corpses with a look of pure disgust. That person was a man. A man wearing a white fedora with a red ribbon and a somewhat extravagant outfit. The outfit consisted of an embroidered black tuxedo, a white tie over a black dress shirt, and white dress pants. He also wore black loafers. "Tch, so it seems he made friends with the Demon Slayer Corps, and what is this talk about wanting Demons and Humans to co-exist?"

He stated with malice as he began to walk away from the bodies and towards the entrance of the house. "Nakime!" He shouted as he halted in front of the entrance of the house. A few seconds later the sliding door that was open closed and then re-opened, but instead of seeing the snow-filled forest he was met with a room that you usually would find in traditional Japanese accommodation. As he walked through the door, it closed itself once again and reopened. Once it reopened the snowy forest was there once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 5