𝟬𝟵. the nightmare from deianira

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ chapter nine ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

-   ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ chapter nine ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌       ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

             ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

DOWLING AND SILVA WERE NERVOUS.  They were terrified of many issues that crept themselves up for the school year, starting with the burned ones and the terrifying commands of Akira, which they both blatantly ignored, even with his warning. Dowling was confused of him, the boys who wanted to come to this school, who wanted to be under her command even though she harmed his kingdom, she was so confused. Why had the burned ones made their appearance known whose power had drawn them in, and why was he here, what did he want with her school never mind that what did he want with her or was it one of the  students that he wanted?

So much was happening. It was all too fast for the two adults, maybe they were wrong. Maybe they couldn't handle the situation. But even then they were far too deep to leave, to ask for forgiveness and to seek help.

"I chained it up in a barn outside the Barrier." Dowling confessed. Looking out her office window, her mind betraying her as the thoughts rushed in with absolute chaos. Dowling knew what Silva was going to say, she didn't say anything, no she wouldn't, not after he gave his response, giving him the chance to say something... something where she knew he would understand her thought process and where she was coming from.

"You should've killed it." Ah, there it was. Dowling thought. She was right. Of course, she was... Because Silva was too simple-minded, too grief stricken over the death of his dear friend, to understand the academic perspective. "And left it in the human world?" She asked, still looking out the window and into the dark sky... one she always loved and believed was beautiful, but now? It was nothing but a black blanket that covered the horrors of the school, the horrors of her past.

"You should've brought it back here and then killed it." Farah turned around at that. Her eyebrows furrowing... waiting for him to spit out what else was claiming at the back of his throat. Silva had crossed his arms as he paced the room. "Did it break your skin?" Silva looked the straight in the eye.

"No, I'm not infected." She blinked a couple of times, as she turned her body, so she was fully facing him. "I've got Ben to make up some oil from the Zanbaq flowers in the greenhouse. I've dosed it. It won't be conscious for hours." Farah added quickly, acting as if harbouring a Burned one was completely safe. Silva only got increasingly frustrated as he listened to her. He took a breath in. "Farah..." The headmistress didn't let him continue.

"I need to get in its head. We need to know if this is an isolated incident or something more." She spoke quickly. Silva had cut her off, the same way she did prior. "Something more?" He asked.

"Like what?" Dowling and Silva froze. Akira

The two had taken sharp breaths in as they turned slowly to the calming voice of the prince. "Go on, speak" Akira stared at Dowling, looking into her eyes as he said the last word. It wasn't a comment, it wasn't a question. It was a command. Not just from a random professor, no. But a command from the Prince of Espero, the prince whose kingdom controlled the balance of magic itself.