𝟬𝟮. the specialist's yard

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ chapter two ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

-   ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ chapter two ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌       ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

             ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

THE ART OF AVOIDING PEOPLE was something Zara, was a master at. She would say it was an art than just a practice. But for once, she couldn't avoid us as her sister had dragged her to the Specialist's Yard.

Sky and Riven were training. "Already the first day, and they go train, he didn't even greet you" Layla said as she watched them.

"So what's with you and Zara?"

"What are you talking about" Sky asked.

"I don't know it's just after you left her, she was heartbroken, and then you dated her best friend, then she started to avoid you and now all of the sudden you guys are waving at each other and sending smiles like you in high school." Riven spoke his mind. Riven aimed his toy sword at Sky's neck before he went on defense.

"It's not your Business Riven." They fought. Riven landed on his back. "You got slow this summer."

Zara wanted to walk up there and help riven but she stayed back and kept put. 

"Correction. I got high this summer."

"Really?"

"Whatever big-brother speech you're about to give me..." Sky sighed.

"There's no speech. Besides weren't you going to give me one"

"...I don't wanna hear it. A more productive use of your time would be to distract your aggro father figure so I don't got expelled." Sky smiled as he looked over at Silva in front of the firsts years.

His smile faltered and disappeared when he saw Zara, he immediately felt the urge to touch his ring, but stopped.

"So, after your classes, you are all mine. And I like the things I own to work well, so you will train every day. Find your skill. Hone your skill. And eventually even you... can fight like him." Silva said as Sky had walked towards him.

He tossed Sky a sword, when he appeared next to him. They had a quick friendly spar. Sky lost his new sword and went for his dagger, but Silva has an 'X' blocking him. Sky smiles good-naturedly.

"He fights even better with a bit of advance warning." Layla said as she was next to the blonde with her sister, who picked up the sword and aimed it at Silva.

"Don't worry, Silva has a soft spot for those of you who can best him. So try your best" Zara said before she had passed the sword to Layla.

  "He did all right. Favored his left, but what else is new? Sky's father was Andreas of Eraklyon. That made him a legacy admission, but he still showed up on the first day and did the work. Well done." They shake hands. he made a motion with his hand and Layla smirked.

"Alrighty, let's go Sky" the blonde raised a brow before nodding and pulled out his own. Sky dough better this time. Sky attempted to go on offence but it didn't work well as Layla was block his every movement. Soon enough he flipped her over and aimed the fake sword at her but she did the same think. Both of them breathing heavily.

"Layla's mother was Empress Hayah, and her father is the Emperor Nikolai of Espero." Many people looked at the girl who was helped up by the girl who told them they would be okay.

"which makes her a legacy as well. And just like Sky, she came her on the first day and did the work that was required. Now she is the head of fathers Guard, and comes here every year to finish her schooling. I expect nothing less from the rest of you, whether you're third generation and your parents demanded you come or if I personally selected you from your realms for service. That decision was made based on your natural talents in combat and weaponry, and I expect to see that skill in evidence daily. This place will seem like hell... until actual hell comes. We are the first line of defense. A certainty when the future is uncertain"

A boy kept laughing

"Is that funny?"

"It's just you're talking about preparing for the future in a castle with kids using swords." Dane smiled

"Must be nice to live in a world where you can be so soft, where you fear so little, disrespect seems an option." "

Do you know why the Barrier exists?" Another male waltz in. It was the crown prince Akira, Silva and Sky both but there hands over there hearts and nodded to him.

"To protect the school from Burned Ones"

"Have you ever seen a Burned One?" Akira asked

"Nobody my age has. But that's kinda my point. Isn't that all over now?" Layla had laughed as well as Silva.

"What if it's not? Do you think you would know what to do? I was ten when I saw one for the first time. I was gathering firewood with my father, and we heard it. It was like a rasp. A clicking." Silva started.

"My father shot it twice. Once in its chest, once in its head. It didn't matter. Burned Ones have inhuman speed and strength, and if they cut you, the infection that follows is swift and severe. I watched it happen. I watched the light dim from my father's eyes, and when he dropped his shotgun, I knew what I had to do. "

"Be thankful you've never seen a Burned One. But if you ever do, pray that it kills you so the ones you love will not have to." Akira said. Even though nobody heard what happened to him, they still saw how it took a toll on them, the class watched as Zara and Layla looked down in guilt.

Sky wanted to take her hand, he wanted to comfort her and tell her it wasn't her fault. But he couldn't, not with all these people watching. Instead Akira did, and smiled down at his sister. Silva, Layla, Sky and Zara didn't dare look at his paralyzed arm.