Chapter 28

Please read the chapters before this. Jumping directly to the last chapter will take away all the fun of discovery.

Seriously.

Please dont jump to read the last chapter.

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Reading Taehyung's letter, Aria felt a little floored. Stunned actually.

She had expected to find a letter of heart wrenching anguish, screaming unfairness of the life, declaration of love with more pain.

That was what was expected to the Taehyung she had come to know through the Letters she had read.

This, this letter was . . . in a way, disturbing.

Aria felt a little chilled at reading it. She stood up and backed a little away from his remains.

The cold confident assurance of Taehyung in knowing the following death of her grandmother was . . . Dark. Although his unconditional love for her was more than apparent, something in this letter felt like, like, he had changed somehow.

Changed a little.

Aria gave the letter to So-ra and started searching for the other page while she read it. She looked for it everywhere, even finding the discarded pen, but she could not find the other sheet of paper.

Confused, she looked again when So-ra's gasp drew her eyes to the older woman.

"Aria! I knew it!"

"What?"

So-ra came towards her quickly and spoke the line from the letter.

"My soul shall remain beside you as long as you breathe. I will not leave you alone."

Aria looked at So-ra again, "Yes, so?"

"So," the older woman said, "What if they are both trapped here? If he did not move on, maybe she didn't too?"

Aria blinked at that. She looked back at the remains to Taehyung and shook her head, feeling a sudden headache blooming.

"Lets go back. We'll discuss that subject and the cremation upstairs."

So-ra nodded and the both looked back yet again at his skeleton. The boy who lived in the very house 59 years back.

Feeling a fresh bout of tears coming to surface, Aria and So-ra exited the room, letting two lights remain on out of respect. They left the cellar with its light switched on, but closed the door as they went to the kitchen

The cellar remained quiet.

Minutes passed as everything remained as it was.

It was an hour after Aria and So-ra had succumbed to an exhausted sleep that a warm presence came to the basement. That presence floated down the stairs, standing in the cellar, waiting.

An answering cold presence stirred from the room, a darkness forming rapidly, forming fast. It swirled in a hazy black cloud as it shot out of the room and into the cellar, floating, and suspended before the light soul.

Both the souls had been in the house for 58 years.

Both had been unaware of each other's presence, a curse keeping the dark soul from leaving the basement, a space where the light presence stayed away from. Still bound in its human memories, the light presence had been afraid of the darkness, had not known the significance of it, thinking her lover to be a light soul as her. it had not known the truth, had not recognized her lover as the darkness.