Ties That Bind Pt.2 (Part 5) | "We only need one."

Start from the beginning

We caught up to Javi, both of us tapping him on the shoulder with a nervous look.

Clementine: Javi, we need to talk to you.

Javi: About?

Pulling him back a little, we started to whisper, not wanting the others to hear just yet.

Emma: Look, we should have told you before... there just hasn't been a right time or place. It's... about the New Frontier. We've kind of had an encounter with them before.

Javier: What do you mean, "encounter with them"?

Clementine: We were one of them.

She rolled up her sleeve, showing her own mark, while I shrugged off my jacket, showing the mark on my shoulder blade.

Emma: We know we should've said... something. Really, anything. It's just... We should have.

Javier: You were with those monsters!?

Clementine: They're not... all... like that.

Emma: We're not asking for forgiveness... This isn't what this is. We just need you to understand, before anything else happens. We didn't have anyone else.

Clementine: And they had food. Supplies. We were all alone, Javi. You don't know what that's like.

The three of us had stopped walking now, standing in the middle of the train tracks.

Emma: It was a stupid mistake. We knew that as soon as we got involved. Just like not telling you about it at the start.

Javier: Look, I'm sure you both had your reasons.

Clementine: We did. We just had to explain, because if they're really in control in Richmond, we can't let them see us. We just... can't. So when we reach the other side of this tunnel, we have to leave.

I sighed, knowing she was right. My jaw tensed and I nodded with her, making Javier's eyes widen.

Conrad: Y'all planning on joining us?

Tripp: Shh!

We ran back over to the rest of the group, all of us now stopped as a rustling sound echoed through the darkened tunnel.

Tripp: You all hear that?

Javier: Coming from over there.

Jesus: Can you see anything?

Javi pulled out his flashlight, shining it across the tunnel walls, until a huge group of walkers appeared before our eyes. They surrounded us, but obviously hadn't seen us in the darkness.

Gabe: They're everywhere!

Tripp: Fuck, they are! Keep sharp!

Mariana: We need to go!

Javier: Watch out!

A walker crept up behind him, Javi startled, hit it multiple times with the flashlight, making the light turn to a deep red and the whole tunnel look bloody.

Gabe: Javi, help!

I got my knife out, taking out some walkers with Clementine, Mariana and Gabe getting approached by a group of them. I caught Clem's eye, both of us rushing to save them with Javi. Behind us, Jesus wall runs, kicking a walker in the head before throwing one across the train tracks, stomping on its head.