Chapter One: Roses and Thorns

No ones POV

"Look at that, Rose. The ship of dreams" a young man spoke as he walked alongside his sister, looking at the people boarding it. "I don't know what all the fuss is about. It doesn't look any bigger than the Mauretania" his sister, Rose, said as she looked at her brother.

"I would quite like it if you weren't such a damp cloth Rose." Her brother, (y/n), spoke and continued to marvel at the ship while his sister stood in confusion "what do you mean by that?" She asked as their mother and her fiance walked up to them.

"You can be blasé about some things, Rose, but not about Titanic. It's over a hundred feet longer than Mauretania, and far more luxurious.-" her fiance, Cal, said to her then turned to her mother "your daughter is far too difficult to impress, Ruth. Sometimes i wish she were more like her brother, he is impressed when he sees a measly insect" Ruth laughed at his 'joke' then looked at the ship

"So, this is the ship they say is unsinkable?" She walked over to her children "Mother, look! They're loading vehicles onto the ship!" Her son said amazed, almost yelling into his mothers ear "(y/n)! Calm down, you're attracting attention to yourself and more importantly, us. Couldn't you be more like your sister, instead of a thorn on a rose?" Ruth asked her son.

"Not even a leaf this time mother? Straight to thorn? Why haven't you named me that instead then? Rose and Thorn, the children of Mother Ruth-less." (Y/n) said angerly before walking off.

Rose's fiance watched as the young man walked off and then answered to Ruth's previously asked question "it is unsinkable, God himself can not sink this ship"

"Don't underestimate a god Cal" (y/n) spoke as he suddenly appeared from nowhere causing Cal to jump "You're so naive (y/n)" he said walking faster to pass (y/n) and get to Rose and Ruth.

(Y/n) took one last look at the outside of the ship before boarding it

"The ship of dreams"