Ties That Bind Pt.2 (Part 1) | "Fuckin' tear gas!"

Start from the beginning

Clem put her hand on my arm, stroking my wrist with her thumb, calming me down.

Clementine: I get it, Emma. Believe me, I want to make them suffer, too. But right now, we need to get back to the others in Prescott.

Emma: So… You do care?

Clementine: I’m not admitting to that.

I chuckled slightly, feeling the anger rush away from my body.

Clementine: Come on.

We walked over to the nearby car, seeing as it was the last one left that the others weirdly left behind. I looked to Clem, and nodded my head, letting her take the driver’s seat. Getting in the passenger’s side, she hit the gas pedal and we were going back towards Prescott.

Emma: Do you… Nevermind.

Clementine: What? Do I, what?

Emma: Do you… ever think about him?

She immediately knew what I was talking about and I couldn’t help but look to the backseat as if he would be sitting there, babbling to himself.

Clementine: All the time… Yeah. Actually… it’s why I need the car… and why I need you to come with me.

Emma: Huh? I thought…

Clementine: Me, too. But there’s a chance he’s not and we need to find out the truth.

Emma: Then I’m with you, Clem. If there’s a chance he– he survived, then we need to find him. I promised my dad I would look after him… and you. I need to stand by that.

Clementine: Thanks, Emma… After I found you again… I didn’t know if you’d want to. I thought– I thought maybe you’d want to stick with Javi and his people, but… You’re here now.

Emma: I’m always going to stick with you, Clem. Always. No matter what. You’re my best friend and I don’t think I could survive with you. I mean, I nearly… It doesn’t matter, I just missed you. A lot.

Clementine: I did too–

A bullet hit my side mirror, making it rip off the side of the car and the wheels swerve to the left.

Clementine: Shit!

Ducking slightly in my seat, I looked out the back window, finding at least two cars and a truck following after us, the New Frontier symbol on their bonnets.

Emma: Oh, fuck! It’s New Frontier!

Clementine: Christ, okay!

She took a deep breath, putting the car into third gear.

Clementine: Brace yourself.

I held onto the side of the car, pulling out my own gun and shooting out towards the cars coming after us, our car speeding out in front of them, the trees and bushes turning to blur.

Clementine: Get back in the car, Emma! It’s not worth it!

Emma: I’m trying to hold them off!

She let out a heavy sigh, turning the wheel sharply, making me fall back into my seat. I looked at her and her eyebrows were furrowed with a smirk.

Emma: That was not necessary!

Clementine: Well… no. But it was fun.

She pushed down harder on the gas pedal, our car parting with the others, turning down a dirt path and parking in front of Prescott’s front gate. We found Javier and Gabe standing outside while me and Clem rushed out of the car.