The Pilot ( My deadly departed )

Start from the beginning

Kit remained standing, her mind pacing about the room.
The attic was packed away manly a place to keep storage now, filled with her mother sewing machine, old jewelry an other objects that reside like kit's old dollhouse, bicycles, countless of spiritual books she still read from time to time and an a old TV.
Most importantly it was her mothers art studio, among countless of portraits an overused rundown paintbrushes piled next to mainly empty cans of paint. While on again and off again the attic would be turned into kit's very own investigation office and a occasional darkroom. Even with the advent of modern technology, she thought using an old school camera and technique gaved her photographs a unique look plus people payed more for her specialtie case solving, which worked in her favor.

Parker stretched for the counter and tugged at a laundry basket, grabbing onto a pack of dryer sheets and a half empty bottle of febreeze handing it to her. Wiping the sheets on her clothes and spraying the freshener around her hoping for the stench of cigarettes wouldn't be sensed on her or her hair by the arriving guest or her aunts again.

He watched, handing her a bottle of mint mouthwash when she was done. Kit studied the bottle of listerine, breathing heavily throwing her head back. Swishing the liquid around in her mouth absently and spitting it back out into a old bucket that has been catching rain water.
Running towards the door, she felt everyone's sympathetic gaze on her before even turning toward the stairs.

Her heart was racing and her breath came quickly, hand trembling again.
Kit glanced back over her shoulder to see parker standing where she left him, hands clasped behind his back, watching her with the gentle smile that told her everything will be fine.

Walking back into the kitchen, her auntie carol was gazing with adoration.
Placing down a rack of salami, guava paste and sharp cheddar cheese, stacked onto buttery crackers with the rest of the sympathy food everyone decided to bring so kit an her aunt's don't have to worry about cooking for awhile.

Before becoming auntie carol, she was a officer in the united states air force, a fighter pilot and a security chief of a restricted military base.
Eventually befriending the now air force lieutenant and director of S.W.O.R.D. Maria rambeau, the two became best of friends as they helped each other throughout their training.

Soon enough by end of their basic military training and graduation, maria confessed her deep romantic love for carol and the two decided to marry after her promotion of head of security at NASA, but that was cut short when joining onto one of the genius, billionaire, playboy tony stark's quinjets an eventually being shot down in Afghanistan and presumed missing for six years of kits adolescence.

Rescued and returned with only a broken leg and slight memory lost. She reunited with maria who has been living with her former colleague and art professor katherine better known as kit's mother.
The two married a year later after carol return and helped raised kit.

Turned and ran up to her and enveloped her in a warm hug that smelled of expensive perfume that reminded her of frosted vanilla dipped donuts. Kit gathered it in her arm's and smelled deeply of it.
"Where have you been? People were starting to worry." Carol asked,

Kit pulled away from her, inhaling intensely, while bitter tasting saliva collected in her mouth. "I just needed some fresh air."

Carol paused staring over at her grieving niece, brushing away the windblown hair from her face with one hand. Kit's ebony white-silver hair was long and clasped together in a loose braid, her bronzed face and forest- green eyes displaying no emotion."Hmm, I don't think you can get any type of fresh air if you keep smoking." She joked,

Kit rolled her eyes, stretching for the counter. Lifting herself onto it, sitting with her hands clutched tightly around a tray of sandwich de mezcla across her lap and a can of coke beside her.