m e s s a g e #3

To Ava,

I know that we're friends now, but that doesn't change what happened. You always pretend like it didn't happen and when someone brings it up, you say they're overreacting. We were a merry trio, close as close can be, but you hurt me.

Grade 3: you only asked for 5 or 10 cents here and there. You sat with this other girl who bullied me so bad, but you said nothing. It was all okay to you. You said, "It's fine. She's nice to me."

Grade 4: you finally left her and came back to Hannah and I. But no one in our grade believed we would stay together like we'd promised each other. I guess they were right.

Grade 5: I sat with you but you ignored me. The new girl got all of your attention. She was mean to me. Like the girl from grade three. And then covid came and pushed us further apart.

Grade 6: we're finally back to school and then she joins you. She always says, and I quote, "I expect one hundred percent out of you." She belittled me and caressed you.

Grade 7 (modern day): she still sits with us, you're part of the 'popular group', I am not. But you still sit with me. I wish we'd had a better start to our friendship, but the problems we face make us stronger.

Remember everyone: God does everything for a reason, you just have to believe that. Never give up (even if you really want to), because that could mean the end. Trust me on this.

Kesar.

Dedicated from- Nerddy8