2.0 - Tribulations

White

The sound of a timer counting down.

White

The clacking of shoes walked past me.

White

A child falls beside me.

White

White

White

White

White

White

White

Everything is white.

Bump!

A squishy feeling wakes me up from my nightmare. I take in the situation around me to see that Fuka has crashed into me. I could feel the cold sweat down my back from my dream but I have to deal with this situation first.

"Oww, I'm sorry if I woke you up Kiyo we hit a big bump on the road, these country roads are really old." Fuka commented why scratching her head.

"... It's fine but can you get off of me?"

I turned my head towards the window of the bus we were currently in as Fuka got off me. We were entering summer vacation here at Advanced Nurturing High school and as promised all the 1st years would be having their summer vacation together.

The words from Akira-sensei rang in my head as I remember the topic that we discussed. "Don't think that this school is so simple that you can watch from the sidelines at all times." Only as if he was goading me into action, I couldn't help but feel that something was up with this summer vacation and the reasons for his words back then.

My shoulders were starting to feel stiff at the complications that I was inevitably going to come across in the future. "I guess I will just tackle issues as they come" I whispered quietly to myself.

"What are you whispering Kiyo?" Fuka asked me. Since we were on a bus the distance in seats between us was closer than usual.

"Nothing important was just trying to remember my dream" A dream I can't forgot.

"I see, well since you are up how about we play a game?" Fuka asked.

"A game... I'm going to have to pass" I sighed. I wasn't in the mood to play anything right now, honestly, I would rather be in silence, but....

"Okay, let's talk," Fuka said.

"How about we sit in silence until we get there?"

"Then I'll be bored and you will start overthinking about something"

"That..." I wanted to refute a point but I couldn't she wasn't wrong.

"See you can't even make a comeback, why don't we just talk about where we think our current destination is?"

"I'd say somewhere in the mountain"

"Yes... but what mountain? I guess you wouldn't know since you have had your eyes closed but it seems like we are headed towards Towada-Hachimantai."

"It would explain these bumpy roads, do you think that we will be camping out?"

"Probably, it is a mountain,"

"Yeah..." I sighed, I could already feel my shoulder stiffening from getting used to a new environment, I feel like I was constantly doing things out of my element since I've joined this school.

"You don't look to confident" Fuka joked.

"I'm not, I appreciate air conditioning" I responded.

I rested my head next to the window and looked outside out the view. It was clear we were getting farther away from society but this wasn't something that I was looking forwards too. If my assumptions were correct this "summer vacation" was far from it.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking Kiyo?" Fuka asked.

I nodded my head; it seems I wasn't the only one who understood how fishy this "vacation" was.

"Well, we should be fine, but I'm not sure about those from the study group" she lamented.

I had no desire to step in and help others without my gaining something myself, but maybe this would be a good time to attempt to change myself but-

"Maybe" I replied.

This school, my feelings, other people's feelings I don't understand. It's like an ideal to me. It's something that can be obtained but probably won't and that's why I'm stuck at this impasse. Will I truly find what I'm looking for at this school? I can only hope that time will tell. 

------------------------------------------------

Authors note -

I am unhappy and this has affected my writing toward this series. I'm not talking depression or being unmotivated but towards the Classroom of the Elite series itself, If you haven't heard year 2 volume 6 had come out and severely retcon'd development from year 1 which makes me unhappy. This has made me want to just make my own thought on Kiyo unrealistic in this Wattpad since Kinugasa seems to be doing the same. Right now the plot of my series goes out because I had lined it up with Kiyotaka character development in year 1 but now I feel I can speed it up. 

Sorry if this ranty just thought I should tell the audience that reads this series. 

Sorry if the chapter was bad. 

-eli