1.13 - Red Amulet

April 9th

Sitting on the ground of my dorm room, I was just flipping through my phone passing the time.

"Oh?" I said out loud. 

Looking through my recent chat logs with I had noticed some information that Fūka had withheld from me.

Birthdate: April 10th, 1999

I know nothing about birthdays, never having one myself however even I know I should at least attempt to try and do something for Fūka. I got up from my spot on my bedroom floor and walked over to my computer to research how to properly celebrate a birthday. After some time, I decided that I researched enough and I needed to go get one of the most important aspects of a birthday... a gift.

I left my dorm room and headed towards Keyaki mall. Wondering what do I get Fūka. Internally sighing realizing that all I know about Fūka is her love to tease me, she likes free food and she has never had a friend before. What a troublesome person that I've decided to befriend. Finally arriving at Keyaki mall, the first thing that I did is grab some coffee and continue to think of a potential gift for Fūka.

Arriving at the café which was half-filled I went up to the counter and ordered one black coffee. Once I received my order I went to get a seat near the window when someone came up to me.

"Hello Ayanokōji-kun," said Fukushima.

I have never talked to Fukushima before but he was one of Kiriyamas friends. I never took him as one to start a conversation.

"Oh, hey Fukushima. Can I help you with anything?"

"Yeah... I know this is sudden, but I wanted your advice on something." He nervously said.

Well, this is interesting, I wonder why he would want my advice on something. He only hung out with Kiriyama and his group of friends and even then he didn't look like he talked much.

Maybe I could make another male friend here. "If it's something I could help you with, sure." 

"Um, well I want to confirm something first... but are you dating Kiryūin-san?"

This is clearly playing out differently than I expected, I thought he would ask me questions relating to something academically.

"No, we are just friends. Why?" I have an idea why but it doesn't hurt for him to say it.

Fukushima was hesitating "Y-you see, I find Kiryūin-san quite attractive and I was wondering if you know what her type is..."

"Type?" I questioned.

"Yeah, like what kind of guys she likes..."

Honestly, I don't think I even know the answer to that question. She likes interesting people but will that satisfy him and would Fūka go out with someone just based on how interesting she found them? Fukushima really chose someone troublesome to like.

I waited a bit before answering "Fūka likes interesting people."

"Interesting people? How does she classify them as interesting?" he asked.

"I have no idea to be honest." I lied, it's probably for the best. "Fukushima, have you ever tried to talk to Fūka?

"Honestly, I haven't she doesn't really talk to anyone besides you... that's why a lot of people think you are going out."

"I see" taking a sip of my coffee before continuing "Are you giving up before you start?"

"What are you talking about?" Fukushima said while looking slightly puzzled.