fourteen

now playing

now playing..

"Cold Cold Cold"
-Cage The Elephant

"Sweet nurse, don't look at me that way
I've seen those eyes before I can tell you want to play
Counselor, give me some advice
Tell me how hard will I fall if I live a double life"

A wave of air hit me as the security door slammed shut, my heart beating at a million miles per second.

   "Fuck." The swear left my lips as my eyes frantically shifted between my power percentage to the cameras. "What the hell." I mutter to myself quietly as I panic.

    The feeling of being watched never left me as I glanced to the window looking out into the hallway. My hand slowly grazed against the button on the wall, pressing it quickly to illuminate the animatronic bear outside of the window.

Those eyes are what got me—the giant, wide eyes. Void of anything. Not a thought behind them. I'd been warned about a night roaming mode, though I never thought anything about it. Fredbear was never my favorite, my eyes boring into his soulless eyes.

It definitely fucked with me.

My eyes quickly looked around the office for anything to defend myself—if you needed to. Though, something did catch my eye.

The bright, paper of a rectangular post-it note seemed to taunt you, begging me to read it.

My trembling hands grasped onto it, the words processing in my mind, before an expression of anger forms on my face.

'Hope you're having fun, darling. Fredbear is extra aggressive tonight'

-

My eyes dropped as I attempted to not fall asleep—Michael soon tugging on my uniform sleeve. "What—? Oh, yeah, what's up, Mike?"

I turned my attention to the teenager, a big smile plastered on his face. "Do you know where Joseph went?"

"I haven't seen him, which is odd considering it's his birthday." I let out a small chuckle, my eyes soon meeting with a small group of Michael's friends.

I leaned against the wall, adjusting my uniform hat before crossing my arms. "Oh, and do you have the key to backstage?"

  An amused expression formed on my face.

  "Why the hell would you need that?"

  "C'mon, please? I just want to grab like, one of the old spare heads." Michael begged. I scoffed at his pleas, a quick snort emitting from me.

  "Sorry, not during day hours. I heard the prize corner has the character masks again. Like the foxy one you had in your room."

   "Aw, sweet! Lets go." Michael led his little group of friends towards the prize corner.

      Not even a few minutes later, the sound of sobbing and small footsteps got louder towards me, a hand soon wrapping around my arm, hiding behind me.

   "What's wrong, Joseph?" I place a hand protectively on the child's back, rubbing circles to calm him down.

  "Michael's being a jerk." He sniffled, wiping his eyes. "He won't leave me alone."

    "Don't worry about it—oh! I almost forgot," I quickly reached into my pocket and gave the child a small necklace with a Looney Tunes pendant.

  "I have a matching one, see?" I pulled the necklace out from under my uniform shirt—to which he smiled. I helped him put it around his neck.

   "Go find your sister." I told him, to which he skipped along the checkered floors. My eyes glanced back to the prize counter where Michael and their group were buying a few masks.