four

now playing

now playing..

"There's No Other Way"
-Blur

❝You're taking the fun out of everything
You're making me run, when I don't wanna think
You're taking the fun out of everything
I don't wanna think at all❞

September 25th, 1983
5:34pm

"How the hell did you even get your hands on a Chevy Impala of this model?"

Michael sipped on his blue raspberry Icee, his feet resting on the dashboard of my car.

"It was my dads, I was around maybe.. three? When he got it?" My statement came out more like a question.

"Ah." Michael ran his tongue over his bottom teeth, his mouth open slightly. "You need to clean out your car". His eyes wandered to the fast food leftovers from the previous day.

"You need to wash your greasy hair." I shot back, a competitive smirk plastered on my face.

"Hey!" He looked over.

"Yeahh, don't think I didn't notice. You needa' cut it, too." I scoffed. I received a small 'psh' from the younger boy, his eyes wandering back to me.

"Says the one in a horrendous sweater."

"Hey! Don't diss my sweater!" I dramatically gasped, pretending to be offended.

Michael took a sip of his drink before setting it down in the cup holder next to him, pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his jacket pocket.

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm surprised your dad hasn't caught you yet. He seems like a strict guy."

Michael scoffed. "Oh, please. He's too busy with his two other kids and work to worry about me. Plus, I'm already the disappointment child anyways." He dug through his pockets, presumably for a lighter.

"I know how that feels." I leaned my head back against the headrest of my seat, staring into the sun that just began to set.

   The sound of my tires turning mixed with music blasting from the speakers of my car.

   Michael had put on an Elton John CD minutes prior, 'I'm Still Standing' playing loudly. Both of our voices mixed together as we shouted the lyrics, my eyes still focused on the dark road ahead of us.

       I pulled into the concrete driveway of Michael's house, the teen quickly shoving his things into his pockets.

  "Don't forget your Beastie Boys CD" I waved around the square CD case, Michael grabbing it from me as he got out of the passenger seat.

   "Had a good time. I'll see you around." My right arm rested on the middle console. Michael was about to say something before the front door of the house opened, revealing a taller man.

  "Shit.." Michael mumbled.

    William's eyes shifted from his son to me in a heartbeat. "Well, it's nice to know you've made more friends, Michael." He raised an eyebrow, his arms crossed.

   "Daaadd.." Mike whined, his father walking towards him.

"What? I'm just saying." A small, but noticeable smirk appeared on his father's face. "Well, why don't we invite your new friend to dinner? Lora is almost finished cooking."

    A bit of an awkward chuckle left my lips. "I would, but-" My words were interrupted. "No no, I insist."

    Michael looked as if he wanted to off himself right here and now out of pure embarrassment, a sheet of pink covering his cheeks.

Free food, I guess.