three

now playing

now playing..

"Problems"
-Weathers

I go out on on a Friday night
Seeing double with my Ray Bans on
My eyes are blacked out, on the way to your heart
Woo-hoo, I'm just a mess again

September 25th, 1983
12:51pm

"Alright—so, Y/n, right? Y/n L.n?"

I looked up at the caramel-haired man in front of me, his hazel eyes meeting mine.

"Uh- yes," I cleared my throat. "Yes, sir."

He pushed his glasses up with his index and middle fingers, his eyes back down to a form laying on his hardwood desk.

"Oh, please, call me Henry." He smiled up at me for a moment before looking back down at the paper. "So let me get this all straightened out, you're applying to work the dayshift correct?"

"Yes."

"Alrighty then, Y/n, we'll get you ready n' going as soon as you fill out this for-" Henry's words were interrupted by his office door opening, revealing a brunette boy.

"Hey Henry, my dad was wonde-" his eyes met mine, his slightly confused facial expression soon morphing into a shit-eating grin.

"Well, didn't think I'd see you here." Michael teased, leaning in the office doorway, the crinkles in his deep purple jacket sleeves deepening.

"Oh ha ha." I sarcastically said, my eyes rolling slightly as a small smile tugged at my lips.

Henry's eyes widened a bit, his lips parting into a small smile as a surprised expression came across his face.

"Michael— you know them?" He gestures towards me, his eyes fixed on the brunette boy.

"Sure do." Mike's arms are crossed as his body leans in the doorframe more.

"Well. Small world we live in." Henry chuckles.

I found myself chuckling at Henry's words, and the the sheer memory of making a deal with Michael just the night before.

"Michael!"

A different voice snapped me right out of my thoughts.

A British one.

"I told you to stop doing that! You're going to end up falling backwards and making a fool out of yourself." Another man pushed his way towards Mike, receiving an annoyed sigh from the younger male.

"Daaadd, why do you have to be so lame?" Michael whined before plopping down into the seat next to mine.

I recognized the man almost immediately.

His captivating azure eyes fixated onto me, his silky hair shining ever-so-slightly under the lights of Henry's office.

I was entranced until something clicked.

William.

The man I'm assigned to murder.

That's Michael's father.

A feeling of dread waves over me. I did only meet the teen a night ago, but it still made me feel terrible.

"So you're just hiring anyone, huh?" Will crossed him arms and looked at his co-worker.

Henry sighs. "Look, they're going to be taking Chris' place. He was found dead at a frat party last night, so we don't have very many options."

Fuck.

Will let out a small groan, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Fine. As long as they do their job well, I don't care what happens." Will looked at me one last time before leaving the room, the door shutting behind him.

  "I'm so sorry about him.." Henry sighs, sliding the form and a pen to me. "He's just in a bad mood." A small smile came across Henry's face as he looked back up at me.

   I shot him a friendly smile back before taking the pen and began filling the empty form out.

  "So like— can you buy me some candy later." Michael looked towards me. "Pleeeaassseee." He begged in a higher-pitched tone.

   I raised an eyebrow.

  "Why me?"

"Because, you're an aduuulltt and you have a caaaarrr." He slumped back into his chair, putting his feet on the edges of Henry's desk, the older male not seeming to mind.

   "Alright, fine. I'll get something worked out for you."

   "WOO." Michael did a little victory dance in his seat, to which Henry chuckled at.