eight

now playing

now playing..

"Live Forever"
-Oasis

"Maybe I just don't believe
Maybe you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever"

July 5th, 1980
1:34am

"Bryan- look, I didn't mean-" the male cut off my words by throwing everything off of the coffee table, shattering glasses full of drinks, papers flying everywhere.

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" He shouted, his breath heavy. "Just shut up! I don't care if you meant to or not- you killed him! You fucking killed him!"

"I'm sorry!" I shouted back at him, matching his volume. "You think I fucking meant to?"

Bryan shook his head, groaning loudly out of grief. His eyes— his cold, tired eyes— met mine.

"You're taking his place."

"What?" I questioned.

"You heard me. You killed him in cold blood. The only person willing to do the dirty work for me. You're taking his place."

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Unless you want the police to know that you're a dirty fucking murderer"

September 29th, 1983
1:34pm

   "Henry, I'm not sure if I can do that. I've seen the mechanics on those suits." My eyes were skeptical, my tone matching it.

  Henry sighed. "Look, I know, but no other employee is willing to do it. We're very understaffed, especially when it comes to wearing the suits."

  "Fine. Where is it?"

  "Right here." He tapped on the shoulder of the suit, the golden rabbit being slumped against the wall.

The fur was smooth, but a tad bit matted in some places, the fur in said areas a dark gold color. A small wire poked out of the left ear, which only caused my anxiety to worsen.

"Are you sure this is safe..?" I questioned, standing over the slumped animatronic. The large banjo sat on the checkered floor, the wood chipping away ever-so-slightly.

"Of course it is. Will has been wearing this suit for years. You'll do great, Y/n. It'll be just fine." He smiled at me before heading out of the room, leaving me with the suit.

"Could've at least told me how to put it on.." I mumbled before peeking up at the sound of the metal door creaking back open.

Will's gaze met mine before settling on the suit. I'm assuming Henry mentioned to him the plan for the suit. He walked over to the suit, kneeling down in front of it.

I heard the slight click of a few switches being flicked and latches being unhooked. He detached the rabbit head, setting it off to the side before gazing back at me.

He stood up, beckoning for me to come closer.

I hesitantly stood in front of the suit. "Here." His low voice corresponded with his gesture of holding his hand out for guidance. I slowly stepped into the suit, my hand grasping his much larger—rougher—one.

My feet settled onto the padded animatronic feet pedestals, my heart feeling as if it will burst out of my chest any moment. Henry had previously explained the concept of spring-lock technology to me.

"Breathe. A lot of sudden movement before fully getting into the suit can set off the spring-locks" his voice was quiet and surprisingly gentle, though still laced with a monotonous pattern.

"I can tell you're nervous. I was my first time. You get used to it." He said quietly, continuing his work.

He grasped onto both of my arms, guiding the animatronic shoulders in the correct spot, a small click audible.

I nervously chuckled. "Yeah, I don't really do well with this sort of thing."

"Oh, no I can tell. I'm not sure why Henry wanted you to wear this old thing."
"It is mine after all.." he said in a more quieter manner, his eyes trained onto the suit.

His hands brushed down to the torso of the suit, tightening the spring-locks, a much louder noise coming from the mechanisms in the suit.

"Gah!" A small gasp left my mouth, my arm clothed by the suit jerking from the small scare.

The sheer emotion of absolute and genuinely horror that came over me like a tsunami after the locks in the arm sprung.

I don't know if it's a curse or a blessing that my body fit just right in the suit for the locks in the arm to just barely graze my skin. The cold metal seeped deeper into my skin from my arm shaking, causing a strained scream to leave my lips. I gritted my teeth to insulate the sound to not scare any children. Or adults.

Will immediately grabbed my arm and steadied it, preventing anymore damage to be done. "I need you to breathe. Breathe for me." He grasped the suit arm, his azure eyes piercing into my own.

He carefully let his hand graze down to the torso of the suit, unlocking the front torso, if soon falling off to reveal my own clothed torso.

This must've automatically set the locks in the arms to a sort of idle state, Will slowly sliding his hands to the edge of the suit arm.

"This is going to sting a little. Take in a deep breath." He mentioned quietly. I did as he said, letting out a strained groan as he took the arm off, my blood settling on the locks, slightly dripping from them.

The fur around the locks were stained with a brown-crimson mixture.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins at what felt like such a high velocity, the pain hazy and unintelligible.

Will gently held my arm, wiping away the blood with a mechanic rag, revealing an entire arm full of scars from the spring-locks.