S1 - Meet the Rookies!

!!!:The episodes merged for this chapter: "The Rookies" and "Head Noob in Charge" or Episode 3 and Episode 4 of Season 1.

???, Holding Cell

Cut back to the prisoner who was sitting with his legs crossed, looking at a random wall. It was one of his activities he could do sometimes, since, well he had no other things to do other than eat and drink. 

???: Hm, they seem quieter than before.

The room became silent once again, with the only exception humming by the person being held inside. After a moment, faint sounds are heard outside of the cell. The person smiles and chuckles, he stands up and turns to the door, waiting. The sound grows louder and the person recognizes it as an alarm of some sort, his smile only grows wider. The cell door opened and a silhouette of a person in armor is seen.

???: I see you fuckers fin-... Huh? Who in the bloody hell are you?!

Blood Gulch, Red Base

Simmons, (Y/N) and Grif are on top of Red Base. A soldier in red armor (Donut) is walking up the ramp behind them.

Simmons: Hey, that's not exactly what happened.

(Y/N): Yeah, I am pretty sure I heard you trying your best to make this story up like a hour ago.

Grif: Yes, it is. You said, "I'm not going to the Vegas quadrant," and then the next thing I know you're in an escape pod headed for-

???: Excuse me, uh, sirs.

Grif: Sirs? (turns to Donut) Ah crap.

???: I was told to report to Blood Gulch Outpost Number One and speak to whoever's in charge.

Grif: Sorry man, Sarge is at Command getting orders. Ain't nobody in charge today.

(Y/N): Actually, mate, he left me in charge while he's gone.

Grif: You are such a kiss-ass.

(Y/N): You're just jealous you can't order us to make you food. Also he told me if I had any trouble with you that I should... (clears throat and imitates Sarge) "Git in the Warthog and crush yer head like a tomato can!"

Grif: That was the worst expression I ever heard.

Simmons: Eh, it was actually pretty good.

Grif: As I said, you are such a kiss-ass.

Simmons: Okay rookie, what's your story?

Donut: Private Donut reporting for duty, sir. I'm ready to fight some aliens.

(Y/N): (snickers) Private "Donut"? 

Grif: Couple things here, rookie. First off, Private Donut? I think somebody needs a new nickname. Secondly, what's with the armor color?

Donut: This IS the standard issue red.

Grif: Yeah, I know. Listen. Only two kinds of people wear standard issue armor: officers and recruits. And since you're not threatening to gut me like a fish, you're probably not an officer.

Donut: (pointing at Simmons and (Y/N) ) Well, they are wearing red armor too.

Simmons: No, I am wearing maroon armor.

(Y/N): Mate, it's not red armor, it's scarlet red armor. 

Donut: Isn't that the same thing?