Should I call him? I go to speed dial and click on his number. Even though I'm nothing to him, he's my everything. My only family. I care for him and I will always care for him no matter what.

I press the phone to my ear, hoping that he'd pick up. But as expected he doesn't.

"Aiden, where are you?" I mutter, I feel like crying now. I'm getting scared, what if something happened to him?

What will I do without him?

Bad thoughts start attacking my mind, and a tear escapes my eye.

Shit, here we go again. I grip the edges of the table and close my eyes.

Should I call someone? But I don't know whom to call and what to say.

I stand up, deciding to go to Jason, he's been in this office for years he must know someone I could call. I know he's going to make my life a living hell after this but I don't give a shit, I need to know where my husban-

Just as I turn to leave the office, the door opens revealing him.

The one and only.

"Where were you, Aiden? Do you have any idea how worried I was for you?" I walk up to him and clutch his shirt in my fists. I don't care about what I'm doing right now. I was freaking out here, I thought something had happened to him, I was feeling guilty that I was the reason this all was happening.

He places his hands on top of mine and I leave his shirt.

"Mrs. Hayes, don't forget that I'm your boss here." He tells me, I close my eyes in frustration and open them again.

"I don't care where we are, I was so damn worried about you. Where were you the whole night?" I ask him again, I don't realize that more tears have made their way to my cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" He asks, for the first time he asks me the reason for my tears.

"I was scared," I whisper while looking at him, Thank god he's okay. He sighs at this and looks away from me.

"We'll talk about this at home. What's my schedule for today?" He asks me while walking towards his chair.

I wipe my tears and follow him to his chair because I'm eager to know about his whereabouts.

"But where were you last night?" I ask him again, he looks at me.

"My schedule?"

This man. One second he acts like a normal human and another he's just...

Cold.

I sigh and nod.

"You have a meeting with our clients from England at three p.m and another meeting with Mr. Rodriguez at five. Then you're all clear."

He nods.

"You've prepared all the material for the meeting with our clients, right? We have to get this project at all costs, make sure to assemble all the material and hand it over to me before the meeting."

"Yes, Mr. Hayes. I've already assembled the material for the meeting. Should I get a coffee for you?" I ask him.

He switches on his laptop and nods without looking at me.

It seems like nothing happened between us last night. It's like he doesn't even remember it or he doesn't want to bring it up.

This saddens me a bit, I thought we were moving forward but here we are. Just like we were two months ago.

I know what he did was wrong and it broke my heart. He wanted my body, he thinks that sex is the only way to give this marriage a chance and I hope he realizes how wrong he is.

I turn and leave the office, now I'll chat with Anna and prepare his coffee.

Another typical day in my not-so-typical life.

We get off work at nine and when I say I'm half-dead I'm not even kidding. The meetings were a success and we got the project that means I'll have to work my ass off beside Aiden for months now.

But he seems satisfied and I'm happy for him, he works so hard for everything, he deserves this.

We reach home half an hour later.

"Mrs. Hayes, should I prepare the table?" Tessa asks as I make my way towards my room.

"No, we ate at the office earlier," I tell her, I know Aiden prefers to eat at home but he sensed that I was getting hungry so he ordered food for both of us while we worked.

He's getting quite considerate of me, and I like that.

We don't talk at all before going to bed, even though I was expecting him to talk but he doesn't. Maybe he's decided to talk in the morning when we are fresh. Whatever the reason, I'm willing to wait as long as he doesn't break my heart again.

We lay down together, my heart is beating so fast that it seems like it would come out tearing my chest. 

This isn't the first time I'm feeling nervous while lying beside him, I remember feeling so damn nervous the first time we slept on the same bed which was on the second day of our marriage. 

But of course, nothing happened between us to date. But, I think he'll make a move on me any day now. Or not.

I lay there thinking about my life. Thinking about my life before marriage, thinking about my parents.

I miss them so much. They'd have been devastated if they knew how Aiden treated me, but then again I don't think I'd be married to Aiden if they were alive.

The clock strikes midnight and my stomach grumbles at the exact moment. I look over at him to see if he woke up but he's still asleep. Thank god.

I should've known I'd be hungry again, I wonder what I can cook for myself at this hour.

I tiptoe out of the bedroom, careful not to wake him up. I climb down the stairs and enter the kitchen.

Maybe instant noodles would do?

I open the cabinets beside the refrigerator and spot a couple of packets of instant noodles. I grab them and set them on the counter. 

Nothing better than instant noodles in the middle of the night. All alone. Ah, me and my food forever.

Five minutes later, I stand in front of the stove looking at the noodles which are cooking beautifully. I'm so damn hungry I can start eating right now not caring if they're fully cooked or not.

I tilt my head a little and suppress a yawn, gosh I'm tired. 

As I'm standing there, waiting for the noodles to cook, I sense a presence behind me.

"Tessa, why are you here? Did you sense that your beloved Mrs. Hayes was in the kitchen?" I ask, without turning to see who had just entered the kitchen.

My breath hitches when I feel a strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry for everything, Marilyn." He whispers.