Chapter 3 -Coffee Headaches-

I couldn't decide which of these I liked best so just pick ur favorite and roll.

Wednesday morning came in with a crash.

Quite literally.

Shouto awoke to she screaming alerts of an incoming phone call. In fact, the blaring noise was so abruptly startling, that in an effort to stop the noise sent him careening off the edge of his bed. Just as the call was about to ring out, he managed to fumble the device off the nightstand.

"Hrm, hello?" Groaning out the pain he tried his best to wake up and take the call.

"Hello? Is this a Mr. Todoroki of Ginger Blossom?" A young woman's voice asked, her concealed nerves obvious despite her best efforts.

"Yes, how can I help?" Pulling his now aching body up, to lean against the bed, he adjusted the phone to his ear, hoping the woman wouldn't notice his 'unprofessional-ness'.

"Oh, oh, good! I was um wondering if I could place an order, for Friday pickup?" She couldn't be heard fidgeting with papers on the other end. "We're looking for five table centerpieces, six small bouquets, a classic bouquet, and um, two of the 4 meter garlands."

Hurriedly scribbling her order down, he adjusted the phone again, trying to get it all down.

"Our colors are burgundy, gold and dusty rose, and we're hoping to have some eucalyptus elements along with a focus on peonies, how does that sound so far?" She added, more papers whisking around in the background.

"Okay ma'am, that's five centerpieces, one classic bouquet, six small bouquets, and two four meter garlands, with a color scheme of burgundy, dusty rose, and gold and your hoping to have peonies and eucalyptus, is this correct." That was a mouthful, but he was pretty sure he got it all.

"Yes; do you have a price estimate on that?"

"Um, I am not currently in the workplace but I'd give an estimate of around ¥150,000, is that within your budget?"

"Oh, wow, that's perfect! Thank you so much, and I'm so, so, sorry that it's on such short notice, it's just my wedding's on Friday and my other florist cancelled and-"

"It's alright ma'am. I'll see you on Friday for pickup, is 9:30 am a good time?"

"Yes, thank you!!!"

"Bye, have a nice day."

"Aww, you too!" She cooed.

With that, he finally hung up, glad the call was over. It was a nice lady but jeez, it was six in the in the morning and that was a lot.

Dragging himself into the day, he dropped the phone on his bed knowing this was going to be one a hell of a day. This order was one of their biggest that month and he was going to have to seriously hustle to get it done on time.

Rushing afounf in a frenzy, grabbing a pair of clean clothes, he didn't even bother to brush his hair before shoving his stuff in a bag as fast as one could possibly move.

Rei wasn't even awake by the time he made it out the door and it was only when he was halfway to work when he realized he didn't leave a note or any indication of where he went or why he was gone. Sending a quick text, he jogged the rest of the way, grasping to make up for the seconds lost waiting on crosswalks and stopping to text.

Bursting through the front door, Shouto shoved his bag and keys in the back, pinning the note he'd written earlier to a cork board in the break room for reference and tugged his apron on.

Selecting a handful of floral buckets, he created that of a color pallet of petals to paint the beautiful portrait of a bouquet. (Poetic)

Old Faithful peonies, pale, grayish-pink bourbon roses, partially gold sprayed silver dollar eucalyptus, and gold-sprayed plumosa fern, a lovely arrangement. Though it was last minute, and he didn't have the proper consultation time with this customer, for some reason he had a good feeling about the arrangement.