What if There is Someone Better

CTTO: isascactus

Jealous/possessive Isabela x Fem reader

warnings: none

genre: fluff i think? maybe angst if you squint?

gender/pronouns: fem!reader

summary: Isabela can't help but feel jealous and insecure after seeing how many people ask you out and how much attention you get from other people in town.

You were a beautiful girl. Your hair was silkier than silk itself, shiner than a diamond, as soft as a kitten. You were the sweetest girl in Encanto some said, often compared to being as sweet as a strawberry field on a nice summer day. Your dresses were always the prettiest colors, and they always had coordinating flowers to go with it, thanks to your girlfriend, Isabela Madrigal. She always made sure to have you a new flower for your outfit everyday, so you could put them in your hair. Which added even more to your beauty. Everyone in Encanto loved you.The little girls of the town would always come up to you, telling you how they wished they could be as pretty as you when they grew up. You would tell them that they were beautiful as they were now with a smile, they would give you a quick smile and hug and run off. The teenagers would look at you in awe, often looking over to their friend to see if they had the same reaction. The men your age would send you a smirk, sometimes coming up with you trying to flirt and giving you compliments, you would send them away, telling them you were already taken. The mothers and older women of the town would send you a warm smile.

All of this was happening per usual again today. But today, you were walking through the town with Isabela, not just by yourself. The conversation between the two of you kept getting interrupted by different people coming up to you.

"Are you still coming to dinner tonigh, mi flor?" Isabela asked you.

"Of cou-" You got interupted.

"Hola y/n." Juan greeted you with a smile and wink.

"Hola Juan." You greeted back with a soft smile.

"May I say, you are looking stunning today, senorita." He smiled.

Isabela looked at him with a death glare, crossing her arms.

"Oh, thank you Juan, that's very kind." You giggling.

"You know, I'd love to take you on a date sometime." Juan confessed.

"Oh no thank you, Juan. You see I'm already taken by my lovely girlfriend, Isabela." You denied him, turning to grab your lover's hand.

Juan looked over at Isabela, she kept on her glare, tilting her head to the side.

"Uh- I- Um- I'll see you around later maybe, y/n." Juan said, running off.

Isabela put on a smile for you again, though she felt the jealousy and anger burning inside of her.

"Are you okay, you seem tense?" You asked her.

Isabela nodded, faking a pleasant smile.

"Okay, anyw-" Interrupted again.

"Hola y/n!" Maria skipped over to you with excitement.

"Hi Maria!" You greeted the little girl, bending down to be her level.

"You look really pretty today! I hope I can be that pretty when I'm your age!" The young girl told you.

You took one of the flowers from your hair, placing it into Maria's.

"You are already pretty right now, Maria."

The girl gave you a smile and silent thank you before skipping back off.

Isabela quickly made another flower to replace the one you had just taken out o your hair.

"Can we get back to casita before there are anymore interruptions?" Isabela asked, a slight undertone of annoyance.

You nodded, and the two of you made it back to the casita, managing to not get interrupted again on the way there. As soon as Isabela closed her bedroom door, her fake smile faded turning into a face of annoyance.

"Isa? What's wrong?" You asked, noticing her sudden change of face.

You two took a seat on her bed.

"You're too beautiful and perfect, that's what's wrong." Isabela grumbled.

"You're jealous?" You asked.

The hazel eyed girl nodded, her face softening now.

"It's just, you have so many people who want to date you. They're all constantly flirting with you and asking you out on dates." She paused, pacing around now.

"What if someone better asks you out. Someone richer. Someone prettier. Someone more interesting. Someone funnier. Someone who could take you any where you could ever want to go, and get you everything you could ever want." She sighed.

You stood up, walking over to her, grabbing her hands into your own.

"Isa, there is nobody else that I want except for you. I don't want or need wealth, or to be able to travel and discover everything that is out there. I just need to be here with you, in Encanto. Because Isabela Madrigal, you are all I will ever want or need." You assured her, a soft smile on your lips.

A smile overtook Isa's frown, she put your foreheads together.

"I love you, mi flor."

"I love you too, my sweet Isabela."